custom mounts

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Shikishima, Jul 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Shikishima

Plugin category: RPG

Minecraft version: 1.12

Suggested name:
    CustomMounts

What I want: I want a plugin that allows for players to use custom mounts similar to a pets plugin, each "Mount" is configurable in config (e.g Hp, movement speed, mob type, name ect)

For a player to use a mount they must enter the command /Mount (Name of mount)
    once the command is issued the mount is spawned and the player is instantly put riding and controlling the mount

a player should be able to move via using WASD keys and SPACEBAR to jump in the mount

there should be a cool down for using mounts (also configurable in console for each mount, by default 5 minutes)

there should be mounts available for
    - zombie
    - skeleton
    - iron golem
    - husk
    - giant zombie

When a player presses left shift it should despawn the mount and return them to their normal player form

Ideas for commands: /Mount (Name of mount)

Ideas for permissions: mount.(name of mount) - lets players use the command /Mount (Name of mount)

When I'd like it by:
    As soon as possible

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  2. Offline

MightyOne

Making an enity ridable is quiet difficult to do with a plugin. Jumping even could be impossible. Since it is not possible to detect when a player presses keys nms stuff has to be used to make the entities move and that ends up being version dependent.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  3. Offline

Shikishima

a couple pet plugins managed to pull it off, tho a pet plugin isnt what in looking for

4. Offline

MightyOne

@Shikishima could we see such a plugin? Never said that it is impossible, only I for myself would be way to unexperienced to achieve something like this.

5. Offline

Shikishima

i believe echopet does this, there was another one that did it as well but i cannot remember the name
    @MightyOne

6. Offline

DrkMatr1984

7. Offline

Shikishima

@DrkMatr1984 i will take a look at it thanks :), i checked out the plugin citizens as well as they have riding and controlling for pretty much all the mobs. does anyone know how this is done?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.