[crucial help] Linux Dedi server.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Mr_Mellow, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Mr_Mellow

Hello there. me and my friend recently bought a linux dedi for us to host minecraft on, but its not a game server so we are trying to install and do it all ourselves. But we are just having problems, one of us is never online cause of work and im just new to using linux and all this stuff. I know how to host a server but, not like this off a dedi. So i am wondering, is there anyone out there that can show me how to do this, or even maybe do it for us?

2. Offline

Orcworm

There's an issue of trust I suppose, but I don't mind setting it up for you.

3. Offline

Mr_Mellow

Yeah i was worried about trust, but the owner was going to just stop using it, because he hasnt got the time. Would you help me through it? im watchin a tutorial but it uses heyo and i dont know how to do it for bukkit.

4. Offline

Orcworm

Something like Teamviewer would suffice if you wanted to learn what to do.

5. Offline

Mr_Mellow

Actually. the guy just said hes got it all installed, but he doesnt have the time to do anything. So we are proberly looking for someone to just do all this running it and uploading and so forth. But i dont like teamviewer. is there any tuts on the net about this sorta stuff?

6. Offline

Mr_Mellow

Hey, how do i upload the plugins after i get my sever working? same way i uploaded bukkit?

7. Offline

Mr_Mellow

How do i run my server off 7gbs of ram? is it 7G or 7168?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.