Cross server world manipulation

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by skipperguy12, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

skipperguy12

Is it possible without SQL? I am planning a BungeeCord server, and I am going to have portals to my HungerGames server, but what I need is a sign on the portal that will give status of the match. I've already done that, but what if I needed to display this info onto another server?

2. Offline

molenzwiebel

Poll the server and determine the status by the MOTD?

3. Offline

skipperguy12

molenzwiebel
    Good idea...but how? Sorry D:

Also, thanks for that idea, it's good, because I do already edit the MOTD :)

4. Offline

molenzwiebel

Alright, I wrote some code based on vanilla poll methods. The code can be found here: https://gist.github.com/molenzwiebel/5532348

Usage:
    Code:
    try {
    this.pollServer(String ip, int port)
    }
    catch (Exception e) {
    //Do something
    }

There are some private variables that store the data, these can be changed of course

5. Offline

MP5K

you could also use a Own Simple Socket Server
    to transport the data

chasechocolate likes this.
  6. Offline

evilmidget38

+1 for MP5K 's suggestion. Using your own simple socket server is going to be a far better approach than any other solution you're going to find.

7. Offline

skipperguy12

MP5K evilmidget38
    Err...uhhh...tried Googling it because I had no idea. Still have no idea :(

What is a simple socket server?

8. Offline

evilmidget38

lukegb likes this.
  9. Offline

skipperguy12

evilmidget38

Soo, basically, I need to create a plugin that will act as a "server" and all my games on my network will be "clients", and through what ever a "socket" is, they will receive and send data?

Thanks, I will try, but very soon i'll be having to ask you guys for help, this is very....different from what I usually do. I've never actually tried anything with sockets...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.