Creepers Burning in Sunlight

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by RenStrike, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Offline

RenStrike

Would someone mind making this one for me. I'd be very appreciative! :)

It's one thing having to worry about creepers during the night, but in daytime you should feel almost completely safe. Well, that's how I want my server to be anyway.

Thanks!

2. Offline

8e8

I'm working on a plugin that allows you to choose which entities burn in the sunlight. I should have a release candidate ready very soon.

3. Offline

RenStrike

sounds perfect! I'd be willing to give it a try if you need someone when the time comes.

4. Offline

8e8

5. Offline

RenStrike

Weird. It worked perfectly on my test server with the normal mobs + creepers burning in daylight. Rolled it into my actual server and now none of the mobs burn at night. The only difference is that my live server is 32bit. Any ideas?

I'm going to mess with it a bit more tonight when everyone logs for the night. Don't want to ask them to disconnect again. I have this hunch that restarting the server may fix it though.

Nevermind. Restarted the server tonight and now everything is burning fine. I'm currently only using it to add creepers to the burn-during-day list. Thanks for this!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
  6. Offline

8e8

Don't know if this was a typo or not, but they only burn during the daytime, and only on blocks being hit directly by sunlight.

Also, you can thank me by testing it extensively with users, and reporting any bugs/suggestions to the plugin topic.

7. Offline

RenStrike

sorry, yeah, type. It's working great now. Haven't noticed any bugs, can't think of any suggestions right now, but i'll definitely keep it in mind

Thanks again!

Got this after doing some saving/backing up. Not sure if it was right after turning saving back on, or a few minutes after. I noticed it about 15 minutes after doing the backing up. Does this mean the plugin won't work during the rest of the session?

Code:
    save-all
    2011-01-24 01:10:53 [INFO] CONSOLE: Forcing save..
    2011-01-24 01:10:53 [INFO] CONSOLE: Save complete.
    save-off
    2011-01-24 01:10:58 [INFO] CONSOLE: Disabling level saving..
    save-on
    2011-01-24 01:11:27 [INFO] CONSOLE: Enabling level saving..
    Exception in thread "Timer-0" java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
            at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)
            at com.eighty8.bukkit.ignite.IgniteIgnition.callIgnite(IgniteIgnition.ja
    va:46)
            at com.eighty8.bukkit.ignite.IgniteIgnition$1.run(IgniteIgnition.java:33
    )
            at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016