Solved Creative world 100% cpu usage

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by nezroy, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nezroy

I have a creative world that, when loaded, keeps the CPU pegged at 100% usage even with no clients logged in. Any logged-in client has very laggy and choppy performance on this world.

I have the same issue on two separate systems running this world (one a Linux Ubuntu 12.04 x64 running build #2496 on Java 1.7.0_07 and the other a Windows 8 x64 running build #2498 on Java 1.7.0_09, both with 1.5GB allocated to the server). I'm launching the server with a very simple command line (just -Xmx, -Xms, and -o true). I have other, larger maps I run regularly on these systems with no problem at all (very low CPU usage).

At this point I'm fairly certain it's something specific to this map, but I'm not sure what and I'm not sure if it's a bug or just something pathological on the map. This is a world my kids play on so there's a lot of random stuff in there. Giant craters blown out with TNT down to the void, rail lines made entirely out of powered tracks, beacons and lava everywhere, etc. Even given that, it seems odd it would completely peg the CPU unless it was triggering a bug as the world just isn't that large and this happens even with no clients logged in.

Anyway, the map is here: http://static.nezroy.com/pandemos_create.zip

I'm not sure if I should log this as a bug yet since it's pretty vague...

2. Offline

LaxWasHere

Try disabling redstones and check for item entities, sometimes malicious players sets up dozens of dispensers an fill them out with items. Also, it might be your world generator causing it. A list of plugins would be nice.

3. Offline

nezroy

No plugins installed. However I did find an area of the world that has hundreds or thousands of villagers. The odd thing is that I see a lot of hearts even though there are no doors or buildings nearby. Are there glitchy arrangements that can cause villagers to go into infinite birthing cycles?

4. Offline

Bodenseehost

I heared about villagers increasing explodingly when there's a cave where they can fall into... (I think its the mc-wiki).

I've seen something similar (whereas not realy exploding amounts) on an own map when there is a water flowing the villagers away and trapping them in one single point. They become more and more and never extinct *g*.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.