Creative Unlimited XP, and bottle o enchanting problem [Plugin needed]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Preben folkvor, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Offline

Preben folkvor

[Situation]
    Hello, I am the Owner of a server called PVPCrafters and we have had a problem with people in Creative Mode. They are basicly abusing that they have unlimited Xp in Creative and they are enchanting loads of good items. They also put xp bottles into dispensers since ive blocked the normal throw of them. What I basicly want is a plugin to stop both these tasks.

[?]
    I found a plugin called Eggstop or stopegg.. Didnt work as I expected and I didnt see a generated config file or file folder.

[Please]
    So can anyone make this plugin? people would really get happy since this is a big problem for many servers.

2. Offline

Arubian

some help?

3. Offline

Ne0nx3r0

Just sayin'.

This would be a good project for a fledgling coder ( Pew446 ?). I think you could do it just cancelling the PotionSplashEvent based on which potion it is.

4. Offline

Pew446

Oh cool! I'll make this :)

5. Offline

Preben folkvor

How long time will it take to make this plugin that will do both tasks..? xD

6. Offline

CarrotPCdude

Doesn't Essentials have a feature which would allow you to deny usage of the potion? Or is that just my mind going wonky? XD

7. Offline

kezz101

PEX's ModifyWorld can do this shiz...

8. Offline

Pew446

I'm going to try to finish this tonight. If I am correct, you want it so players can't enchant items in Creative, and can't use XP Bottles at all?

Finished it, finally! I had a lot of fun with this project and learned a bunch :)

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/banxp/

Just gotta wait for it to approve. If you need anything changed or added, or you see any bugs, please tell me!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  9. Offline

Preben folkvor

Looks just like I wanted it xD Thank you so much.. Just 1 question.. Does it block the xp bottles to be placed/used in dispensers??

10. Offline

Sushi

Yes, the PotionSplashEvent is called no matter the cause, as long as an Exp Bottle is thrown.

11. Offline

Pew446

I'm also working on an update for this that blocks dropping, picking up, placing in containers, and getting from the creative menu, but Bukkit has a bug that crashes the client when they get it from the creative menu.

It done been approved!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

12. Offline

Preben folkvor

Everything is delicious, but an important part still worked. I can still use it with dispenser. This is currently the only problem for me.. Because I have already blocker the throw use of it with another plugin..(essentials I believe it is)

13. Offline

Pew446

Bukkit has a bug that crashes the client when using the event that blocks that problem, but I'm going to try really hard to get around it for you. :) I'll work on it today after I go bowling :p

I have updated it! Please download the new version! http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/banxp/

Edit:
    Oh, it needs to be approved I guess. Well download it when it is approved, then. It should be V1.1

14. Offline

Preben folkvor

Hmm everything works perfect in Creative(its all blocked), but ppl bring the bottle's even when their in survival u know.. so if u could add so also ppl in survival cant use bottles.. Cause I wasnt OP and I managed to place em in dispensers and use em

Thanks anyways xD

15. Offline

Pew446

That's exactly what the bug ruins. I was trying to deny grabbing bottles from creative but it crashes the game. I submitted the bug and it is now being looked into by staff. Meanwhile I guess I can stop it in survival too. I'll add an option to the config to change whether its creative or survival or both. :)

16. Offline

Preben folkvor

Hmm.. Cant you just block the splash of it and not the pickup... i dont care if they have the item.. Just about the use of it xD (Ty for all)

17. Offline

Pew446

Sure. :)

18. Offline

Preben folkvor

I hope you can block the splash in Survival as soon as possible :)

19. Offline

Pew446

Alright it's done. I've had a busy past few days so I hadn't time to work on this. I'm still going to implement something in the config that allows you to change what actions happen in what game mode, but for now it should work as expected. I hope. :p

Just wait for it to approve. It will be V1.2 :D

It's approved.

20. Offline

Preben folkvor

Ok. Thanks everything works! Perfectly.. One last question, I dont know if it affects the server itself, but it is kinda annoying.. Whenever ppl try to enchant or something I get this messages in console. (People tries over and over again)

(It is annoying cause whenever I read console this thing pops up and clears what I was reading...

[Question] - Can you somehow code it so it doesnt show these messages? xD (Would be cool)

[​IMG]

21. Offline

Pew446

Oops, I didn't see the console when I updated the plugin. I was in a bit of a hurry. I'll fix that today. It appears this happens when someone tries to drop an item from the Creative Menu.

The reason you got spammed is because "elaa21" tried to drop all his/her items at once in order to crash your server. I fixed the error messages and will upload a new version quickly.

It has been updated. Watch for V1.3 when it is approved. :)

22. Offline

Deathmarine

23. Offline

Pew446

24. Offline

Deathmarine

And yet you're bumping it with updates about a plugin to cancel a splash event and block the use of xp bottles. Sounds pretty simple to me.

25. Offline

Pew446

This is one of my first plugins. Sorry not everyone is as skilled as you, that doesn't mean you need to flame them for helping out and learning in the process

26. Offline

Deathmarine

Woah, woah. Calm down, padre'. No flaming was intended. I wasn't sure why you kept bumping it. Everyone likes to display they're plugins. But there is no need to throw every little detail and spam the thread. Put that on you bukkitDev page.
    However don't condemn someone for putting theirs out there. By all means if they like it... cool. If not who cares. It is a request forum anyway.
    We all get skilled by doing these little plugins. That's why I skim these threads. I write plugins cause I.... like to write plugins, and expand my knowledge. (My first plugin was compiled over a couple hundred times before it actually worked.)
    My previous post now sounds a little arrogant... "Sounds pretty simple to me." was towards the Request not the idea. Either way. It was not meant to be offensive.

27. Offline

Pew446

Oh thats alright. I just figured he was asking for extra features on this thread so I aught to reply where it's convenient. I'll try to use BukkitDev more

28. Offline

Deathmarine

Beside if you use both plugins its a Xp bottle foolproof entertaining combo.