Creating New Items

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Flyersfan200, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Offline

Flyersfan200

I have searched the forums for plug ins that bring additional weapons to the game, but haven't found any.

Is this possible?

There is balkans weapon mod for standard minecraft that adds new items and weapons to the game. Is it possible to do something like this with bukkit or does something like this already exist and my search skills are weak :)

2. Offline

Flyersfan200

Got it, gotta update those search skills.

3. Offline

mushroomhostage

Yes it is, Balkan's Weapon Mod has been ported to Bukkit and it works great (I've been using it on 1.1-R4 for the past few days, its awesome, highly recommend). However it isn't a plugin, but a mod. To find it search the MC Port Central forums.

Clients do need to be modded to connect, but not with Spout - in fact, Spout is likely to crash if connected to a server with ModLoaderMP. Hopefully this situation can be improved in the future..

dadaemon likes this.
  4. That's why I said "like Spout" :) But I'm hoping Mojang will implement more/a client sided API for server mods some day.

5. Offline

Hoeze

Use Spout - for your players it means just another launcher they have to download, for you it means much more possibilities, which usually just work with a client mod, like own GUI's, Items, etc.

Wulfspider likes this.