Creating a Plugin. Problem with org.bukkit.player?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by HojoINC, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

HojoINC

Ok, so I was following the guide at http://wiki.bukkit.org/Programming_A_Plugin , without the bukkit plugin kit because it didn't seem to work right for me. Everything goes very smoothly.... till part 2 "Basic code for your Plugin". I end up getting... a lot of errors to say the least throughout all 3 java files. The first one mentions that the package isn't declared, simple enough, I add the package in, but of course that's only one of many errors.

The most concerning errors are the ones in the import statements that try to import things from the the bukkit jar I got from http://bamboo.lukegb.com/browse/BUKKIT-BUKKITMAIN/latest (#42 at the time) and apparently they aren't there. I've linked the jar file to my project, and can access it to check out what classes are in it, and the ones requested don't seem to be in it...

Keeping in mind that the name of the plugin is TestPlug;
    Code:
    import org.bukkit.Player;
    Are listed in TestPlug.java and TestPlugPlayerListener.java and don't seem to be in the jar and
    Code:
    import org.bukkit.Block;
    import org.bukkit.BlockFace;
    In TestPlugBlockListener.java

The import errors are the only errors in TestPlugPlayerListener.java and TestPlugBlockListener.java, but TestPlug.java has the import error, errors RESULTING from the import error, and then another error stating "The constructor JavaPlugin(PluginLoader, Server, PluginDescriptionFile, File, ClassLoader) is undefined"

Sooo... can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong exactly? I mean, the walkthrough gave me the code to copy and paste, which I did and then edited in my project information, but the source code it gave me clearly seems to reference things that aren't in the bukkit jar file. I just really have no idea what to do if it can't find those classes... any help would be greatly appreciated, keeping in mind to please have mercy on me, for I'm not exactly a wiz with the Eclipse IDE.

More info can be given on request, I just wasn't sure exactly what people would need to know

*EDIT*
    Gah, I feel... fairly stupid. I checked the jar file and the classes had just been moved.... and the constructor was obviously changed.... *facepalm* sorry about that, but the files on the bukkit wiki should really be updated =/ This thread is now useless, I'm very sorry about that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.