Creating a custom Yaml config

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by eleectricman226, Nov 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

eleectricman226

Hey guys! Haven't been here in a while, but just a question for anyone who is willing to help! Say I want to create a custom Yaml configuration file, how could I specify a file/dir location? Is there a way to do this? I'm not sure if I'm going in the right path or not, but I'm pretty sure for this I should use YamlConfiguration class. Any help?

2. Offline

Totom3

eleectricman226 That's totally possible (and simple). First, create a new File object and make sure it exists in the directory. Then you can load it using YamlConfiguration#loadConfiguration(File) and save it with FileConfiguration#save(File)
    Code:java
    1. File file = new File("path/to/my/directory", "myFile.yml");
    3. // ** Check if file exists, if not create it **
    4. FileConfiguration config = YamlConfiguration.loadConfiguration(file);
    6. // For saving the config, use FileConfiguration#save(File)
    7. config.save(file);

3. Offline

mine-care

Totom3 good, but please dont spoonfeed people... its a bad idea for them, they are most of the time gonna copy the code and use it and learn nothing off of it :)

4. Offline

Totom3

mine-care I apologize for showing him 3 instructions, explaining what each one of them does, and giving a link to the docs if he ever has a question

Skionz likes this.
  5. Offline

mine-care

Totom3 Well i didnt mean to be offensive if i was :( i just wanted to point it out...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.