Creating a Custom Boss Bar Plugin Without BarAPI

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by HexLazer205, Sep 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

fireblast709

Skionz PacketPlayOutEntityDestroy

Skionz likes this.
  2. Offline

ZeldoKavira

I did read your comments and those of others and they did answer your question. This forum is the plugin DEVELOPMENT sub-forum, not the plugin REQUEST sub-forum. What that means is you can provide your own code and get help with issues that you cannot figure out. It does not mean that you come on here and demand code to do something you don't know how to do. What those comments did was point you in the right direction, which is what they were SUPPOSED to do for the sub-forum.

Now, I will tolerate no more threatening of these forum members and will start taking appropriate actions to stop it. Consider this warning number 2.

UnlikeAny and Gnat008 like this.
  3. Offline

xTrollxDudex

You don't need to download anything to use an API. Any decent developer would be insane to try to recreate complex logic themself that is close to an exact copy of free, open sourced code that you can copy an paste. TL;DR don't wast your time, I've already tried by recreating a ProtocolLib, and take it from me, it was a lot of effort for very little achievement.

4. Offline

ToPoEdiTs

lol you are crazy,
    1 Here the code will not happen because I miss so do not learn but will tell you more or less how.
    2 If I would happen : #SpoonFeed and you would not learn .
    3 I'm sorry I did not understand what you were looking for I am Spanish and do not speak English very well

5. Offline

HexLazer205

I am not asking for this. I am NOT planning to copy and paste code and learn nothing. I am actually wanting to learn this thoroughly so I can actually do it without copy and pasting. Have you ever heard of the word "studying?" I can take the code and study it so I thoroughly know it! ZeldoKavira they did NOT answer my question! I will tell you this one last time: How do I summon an EnderDragon with custom data? xTrollxDudex yeah you do, you have to download BarAPI and edit the build path in eclipse to put it in, so you can use BarAPI.setMessage("Blah blah blah"); but I don't want that. Just at least tell me how to summon an entity please. This forum is to help people, not mess with them and not help them. ToPoEdiTs Esto es exactamente lo mismo que lo que he dicho antes de este mensaje ahora en esta respuesta. Yo no estoy pidiendo esto. No estoy planeando para copiar y pegar el código y aprender nada. De hecho, estoy con ganas de aprender esto a fondo, así que puede hacerlo sin copiar y pegar. ¿Alguna vez has oído hablar de la palabra "estudiar?" Puedo tomar el código y estudiarlo a fondo, así que sé! ZeldoKavira Que no respondió a mi pregunta! Voy a decir esto una vez más: ¿Cómo convoco una EnderDragon con datos personalizados? xTrollxDudex sí lo hace, usted tiene que descargar BarAPI y editar la ruta de compilación en eclipse para ponerlo en, así que usted puede utilizar BarAPI.setMessage ("Bla, bla, bla"); pero yo no quiero eso. Sólo al menos decirme cómo convocar a una entidad por favor. Este foro es ayudar a la gente, no te metas con ellos y no ayudarles.

Skionz I found out there was more on the first page, and I read it all. Thank you for your help :) I will test it soon. ChipDev dang, those boats do look pretty cool!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  6. Offline

Skionz

HexLazer205 There is a bit you have to tweak on my method but it should work (Change it to enderdragons though)

7. Offline

xTrollxDudex

I am trying to help you... You're just not accepting it. Again - it is OPEN SOURCE. You just need to C/P the code into your own class

8. Offline

Skionz

xTrollxDudex I wrote a method to spawn the enderdragon client side and it actually was not that hard to recreate. Recreating protocol lib would be a different story lol

9. Offline

xTrollxDudex

That's two lines of code, literally.

10. Offline

Skionz

xTrollxDudex Yea exactly I don't get why you think he would be insane to recreate BarAPI?

11. Offline

xTrollxDudex

12. Offline

HexLazer205

I just tried this code and imported everything, I still get 4 errors, where they can't be resolved to a type. It wants me to create a class named WorldServer, another named EntityWither. The CraftPlayer has no suggestions available for a fix, and neither does the PackPlayOutSpawnEntityLiving. How must I fix these errors?

13. Offline

Skionz

@HexLazer show me your imports

14. Offline

HexLazer205

Dang you replied fast.

Code:
    import org.bukkit.ChatColor;
    import org.bukkit.Location;
    import org.bukkit.command.Command;
    import org.bukkit.command.CommandSender;
    import org.bukkit.entity.Player;
    import org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin;

import com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.cluster.Packet;

15. Offline

Skionz

HexLazer205 import nms and craftbukkit instead of bukkit

16. Offline

HexLazer205

Can you show me what the imports are?

17. Offline

AronTheGamer

Add craftbukkit to your build part when you want to use NMS code (net.minecraft.server)
    The WorldServer and CraftPlayer and such are in craftbukkit.jar, not in bukkit.jar

Right click on your project in the sidebar > project settings or something > build path > add external jar > craftbukkit

Will work :)

What you wanna do is:

Send every once in a while a entity teleport packet for the invisible wither, thats it. when i got time i'll write some code with explaination in it :)

18. Offline

Skionz

HexLazer205 Here are my imports
    Code:
    import net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.EntityEnderDragon;
    import net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.Packet;
    import net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.PacketPlayOutEntityDestroy;
    import net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.PacketPlayOutSpawnEntityLiving;
    import net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R4.WorldServer;

import org.bukkit.Location;
    import org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R4.CraftWorld;
    import org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R4.entity.CraftPlayer;
    import org.bukkit.entity.Player;

19. Offline

HexLazer205

Where can I find the CraftBukkit.jar?

EDIT: I am getting the errors on the NMS as well. Do I need to add certain things to my pom.xml?

20. Offline

Skionz

21. Offline

HexLazer205

What is DMCA? When you use acronyms like that, please tell me what they mean. Also, If they took it down, how do I do what you told me to do? Is there any way to get craftbukkit.jar in my build path?

22. Offline

Dudemister1999

HexLazer205 DMCA stands for Digital Millennium Copyright Act

Pretty much, it means Wolvereness (Probably misspelled) file a copyright infringement on Bukkit for using his Github code (CraftBukkit, the bridge between NMS and Bukkit). Sorry if the information is wrong, I haven't looked into it for a while now.

23. Offline

HexLazer205

OK, is there a way to spawn an entity and customize it the way Skionz said, but in a different code?

24. Offline

Skionz

HexLazer205 You can spawn a server side enderdragon and keep teleporting it back every tick

25. Offline

HexLazer205

Skionz can you make a download with the craftbukkit and nms libraries inside a .zip or .rar and put it on mediafire then send me the link so I can use it? Thanks :)

26. Offline

HexLazer205

27. Offline

Cirno

That isn't how copyright works. There are no known CraftBukkit builds that are official. You can probably find them via Google, but I'm not handing links out.

28. Offline

HexLazer205

Cirno I found several on Google but each providing the link to Bukkit, resulting in a page that says it is unavailable due to DMCA's takedown. I will tahg and like your comment if you make a download and give me the link with the craftbukkit and nms libraries :) I wil be unable to create cool plugins if this is not done due to being unable to do all the cool things that were so popular, but is now gone just because someone had to go and throw it away by showing DMCA they made it and taking it from the people that own it, especially after giving it to them. Will Sponge have their own plugin system?

29. Offline

Skionz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.