Creating a big plugin with many classes like essentials

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Lightspeed, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nverdier

2. Offline

Lightspeed

@nverdier Yes for
    Just a testing a few things ignore the quotes

3. Offline

1Rogue

Something intantiates them.

4. Offline

nverdier

@Lightspeed To be honest, I think you should stop caring what Essentials does and register your plugins your own way.

5. Offline

Lightspeed

My ways suck and would have around 100 lines of code to load all my classes I was hoping I could create somthing like theres thats good :|

Example:
    Code:
    Clazz c;
    onEnable:
    c = new Clazz(this);
    That the only way I know . . . I need to learn more java « The only good tuts are for small plugins like this

The reasons why I can't open my server:
    #1:I don't want to create a plugin that is bad because then I might have to remove some things to create better games or fix glitches.

#2:I don't want other developers because I want to do it myself. . . If I have an idea/bugtofix/ERROR OPEN ECLIPSE I Don't have to wait for devs.

#3:Don't have a good server name.

@1Rogue
    Beatiful

6. Offline

1Rogue

My response was factual, I don't bother learning Essential's code on account of 1) it's not very good and 2) I don't really care to.

If you want to create plugins, getting help from other people is a major part of that. If you want to be able to do it without help from other people, and without learning the language first, you're not going to be going anywhere fast.

As for tutorials, stop learning bukkit, and start learning java: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/index.html

7. Offline

Europia79

Lightspeed likes this.
  8. Offline

nverdier

9. Offline

Lightspeed

Sorry I ment: Where deos the command get registered
    and does the Server server do?
    Does it make it possible so you can have a command?
    @nverdier No hes good with java(Derek Banas) unlike: "TheBcBroz" They are terrible at java and plugins
    Soz bcbroz

10. Offline

nverdier

@Lightspeed I still

11. Offline

Evaluations

It's all preference. If you can learn Java efficiently by watching videos that use good practices, go for it. If you prefer a book, go for it.

12. Offline

nverdier

@Evaluations The problem is that too many youtubers use bad practices, and if you're learning Java, you obviously don't know what bad/good practices are. So it's better to stick with the official tutorial by Oracle.

Lightspeed and teej107 like this.
  13. Offline

teej107

Msrules123 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.