Crashing Plugin

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Vinceguy1, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Vinceguy1

How come i can't give out a plugin that allows admins to close peoples clients?

2. Offline

chaseoes

To clarify, are you asking how crashing a client is malicious?

Crashing a client, is malicious in that you are intentionally causing harm to the player's client and causing it to shut down in an unintended way.
    The /kick command sends a proper disconnect packet to the player's client and is handled appropriately.
    Bug problems are not the same as intentionally including a crash.

You can't upload a malicious plugin, and you can't intentionally do something unintentionally.

Publishing an exploit let alone using it is something we don't allow. Period.

3. Offline

Vinceguy1

But, you could see how it would be insanely useful though, right?

4. Offline

chaseoes

Yup. To clarify those are the words from a moderator when I attempted to release a plugin that does the same thing but it was rejected.

[mod edit: link removed]

5. Offline

Vinceguy1

I asked the question, and a bukkitdev staff commented it could easily be avoided but he never said i couldnt, so i assumed it was fine, but when i posted it, it got removed, and everyone has been asking for it.

its also a modified client detector, if they dont crash they have a modified client.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  6. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

This was fully covered in our conversation on BukkitDev, and thanks to chaseoes covered again. It's not getting published here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.