CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.6.1 DEVELOPMENT build is now available!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

A new CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.6.1 DEVELOPMENT build is now available!

As of this post, we've shifted development over to Minecraft 1.6.1 compatibility and now have development builds available. We strongly suggest that you only use this build if you would like to help us get a Beta build out sooner and are experienced with using unsupported development builds. If you have to ask where or how to get the development build, you should NOT be running it and posts of that nature will be deleted.

WARNING: Minecraft 1.6.1 is an update that requires clients to update before being able to connect.

Will plugins break with this build?
    Minecraft 1.6.x has changed how health is stored for entities, which is something plugin developers have been relying on and expecting to never change. Usually a change of this kind would force us to completely break plugins, however, we've managed to come up with a way to support both the old and new health formats without any problems. This means that all the plugins that would have broken from this change will all work fine, giving plugin developers time to update their plugins properly and allowing you to keep your server running without any issues. If you're a plugin developer, you can find more information on this change here.

While we were busy updating CraftBukkit to Minecraft 1.6.1, we realised that the change to how health is handled would cause a lot of headaches for all our server admins and plugin developers, so we spent a lot of time trying to come up with a better way to handle this than simply breaking all plugins. We hope that all the hours we put into this solution will significantly improve your Minecraft 1.6.1 update experience.

Provided the developers of the plugins you are using are keeping up with the development of Bukkit, all your plugins should work fine. Unless we specifically have to break plugins or the plugins you are using are employing inappropriate practice's, most plugins should work without needing an update whenever we put out a new release.

What is a Developer Build?
    A Developer build is provided AS IS and COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTED. You should only be running these builds if you are completely aware of how to properly make use of them. Support requests of ANY KIND will be removed without warning. If you have to ask where or how to get the development build, you should NOT be running it and posts of that nature will be deleted.

Thanks for your continued support, we hope that the extra time we put into avoiding the breaking of plugins makes this Minecraft update a smooth and painless one for everyone.

craftingtown, sxx1, sdog2001 and 42 others like this.
  2. Offline

Kenig

Great job!
    That was very fast indeed.

3. Offline

xXMaTTHDXx

I cant wait to ride horses, Its going to be so fun!!!! great work bukkit team.

4. Offline

finalblade1234

Very nice, even finished before Ares came out with a build. and I think even before SpiGot updated SnapShot Protocol.

5. Offline

Jake0oo0

finalblade1234 Best you don't post that here.

But good job Bukkit team!

6. Offline

Prang123

Thank you so much! Great great job!

7. Offline

Omerrg

Thanks for the great job! Keep going Bukkit Staff! ;) thanks to
    You we can make our dreams come true
    In
    Minecraft.

8. Offline

airwolf1

Yay, great job!

9. Offline

gorbb

Didn't even get a chance to breath before that came out!
    Wonderful job, and as always, thanks!

10. Offline

enderzaman

You know guys I really feel sorry for you and your team. You successfully bring 1.5.2 Recommended build then 1.6 Comes out and now you have to make another recommended build? That's just unfair! Why does Minecraft have to take such a big step in a week? :( [tnt]

11. Offline

caseif

Nice job Bukkit team! I'm especially impressed by the fact that it was ready so soon after the release, given everything that's changed between 1.5 and 1.6.

12. Ahem..

No offense intended, but if you have to ask, you probably shouldn't be looking to update until the beta or RB comes out.

Inscrutable likes this.
  13. Offline

Tallon

Amazingly quick, thank you

14. Offline

Ugpzt

Thanks. :D

15. Offline

Avatecer

Good job. now i've to change mine.

16. Fantastic job once again. Eagerly awaiting for the arrival of new API's. :)

17. Offline

Raikun

I am seriously impressed by the Bukkit team's work.
    Thank you guys so much for the work you do, we are all grateful.

18. Offline

roughy92

will download it asap and get on with it to help out

19. Offline

raysfan00

Great work Bukkit team! :D

20. Offline

JakeDGator

Wow amazing job bukkit! You guys are really a one of a kind group. It came out quick aswell!

21. Offline

Ikx_1

Is there currently seen bugs on that dev build?

22. Offline

AstramG

*Blinks*
    Bukkit dev build is out!

23. Offline

robotnikthingy

The only one ive noticed is that resource packs wont download to from the server to the client when they connect, but im still testing on that to see whether its a plugin, bukkit, or mojang (i really hope mojang didnt leave out this feature)

24. Offline

thegarfish

Great job Bukkit team, I am slowly learning Java so I can start getting to that GitHub repository.

In other news, Thanks Bukkit!

25. Offline

Block34

Ok that was fast! One day after minecraft 1.6 came out.

26. Offline

russjr08

Holy cow that was fast... I expected a little bit more time required haha.

Great job guys!

27. Offline

Rprrr

Ehm.. does anyone know how to fix all the ambiguity errors on getMaxHealth() and getHealth()?

28. Offline

Retherz_

Not sure if its a glitch but, pigs struck by lightning doesnt get a gold sword

29. Offline

Themuddfamily

Favorlock
    Although I agree with this. I don't think you shouldn't make it easy for the people who do know how but cba lol.

30. Offline

Iroh

Thanks for the backwards compatibility ok health I was worried I would have to wait to update!

Comphenix likes this.
  31. Woot. How long until the beta build will be out?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.