CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.5(_02) available

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

When rumours were abound of the coming of Minecraft 1.5, we were quite frantic since we were just beginning work on a new, better update handling process and were afraid the update would hit before we were ready to handle it. Luckily, to our delight, Mojang experienced a feature creep and couldn't meet the original estimated time of release, resulting in the update being delayed until the week after. While some of you were disappointed with the delay, we were happy and thankful as it gave us the weekend to push to complete the transition to our new update process.

Unfortunately, when the Minecraft update was finally released, we were still finalising the move over to our new update process and this caused some delay. Quite a few of you were unhappy about this and we understand your frustration but we, honestly, feel the delay was for the better. With this new update process, barring local issues we have with our development environments, there should be less confusion and hard to trace bugs with future Minecraft updates. While we could have released a Recommended Build shortly after we had the update done (since we had Bukkit compatible and working with Minecraft 1.5_02 already), I made the decision for us to work out some of the issues that we were sure people would experience due to changes in Minecraft: like the addition of strict limits on certain things like chat or sign text, etc.

Anyway, let's cut to the chase:
    We're happy to finally make available a Recommended Build for Minecraft 1.5_02 that you can grab and put on your servers right now, using the link below.

Download CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.5_02

If you're just getting started, please read and follow this guide:
    BukkitWiki - Setting up a server

Common Problems/Questions:
    I downloaded build 733 but got some other build!
    You're probably reading the version string incorrectly.

Here's an example version string:
    git-Bukkit-0.0.0-700-gf3ae4c3-b733jnks (MC: 1.5_02)

This version string is for build 733, as you can tell by the "b733jnks" at the end.

Whenever I use a plugin that changes blocks, I can't see the changes until I reconnect!
    We had an issue with blocks not updating properly but this has since been fixed from build #707. This bug affected plugins that changed blocks in game, like WorldEdit. Update to the Recommended Build b733 to fix this.

Help! My console keeps getting spammed with this error whenever someone gets kicked or disconnects and it lags the server!
    This is a bug we've fixed from build #701 onwards.

Update to the Recommended Build b733 to fix this.

I can't build or destroy anything! Help!?
    The common cause of this issue is a client mod called Single Player Commands, please try uninstalling all your client mods and seeing if this fixes the issue. If this is the case, then it isn't a Bukkit issue and you should contact the author of the mods you use.

Every time I connect to the server and load a sign, the client crashes. What's wrong?
    Minecraft 1.5 has added limits for sign text. Plugin developers commonly used longer sign text to store extra data or add colours to signs. This is no longer possible, so we now cut off any line in a sign longer than 15 characters (as of build #712).

I get kicked when flying and am told that flying hasn't been enabled on this server. How do I enable flying?
    Minecraft 1.5 added anti-flying checks. You can enable flying by setting allow-flight=true in server.properties.

Whenever I try to send a long message in chat, it gets cut off at roughly two lines.
    A limit on chat has been added with Minecraft 1.5.

Help! When I use the CLI arguments to set ports (or any setting), the server always starts up on 25565 or ignores the setting![/COLOR][/U]
    There was a bug that prevented the server from reading settings passed through CLI arguments. This has since been fixed from build #706 onwards.

When lightning strikes a painting, the server crashes!
    There was a bug that caused the server to throw an error or freeze when a painting was struck by lightning, this has since been fixed from build 734 onwards. While this isn't a Recommended Build, it contains only this change and shouldn't break anything, so feel free to upgrade to this build to fix this issue.

People are using a duping exploit involving workbenches!
    We've fixed this duping issue from build b735 onwards.

While this isn't a Recommended Build, it contains only this change and shouldn't break anything, so feel free to upgrade to this build to fix this issue.

Whenever I do something in game, like place a block, I get disconnected with an End of Stream error!
    This can be caused by an outdated or broken texture pack. Please try testing with a completely unmodified Minecraft client and see if it works then. If it does, you'll need to find a new texture pack or mod, get the author to fix it or run Minecraft without them.

I can't ban anyone!
    This issue is usually caused by an outdated plugin, like Essentials. You should be keeping your plugins up to date - especially when an update hits - as they could contain fixes that make all the difference in the operation of your server.

As Essentials isn't properly communicating updates with the community at the moment (and their plugin appears to be the leading cause of this issue), many of you are still running a version that prevents banning from working. Please update to 2.2.x (or whatever the latest is) to fix this issue.

If this hasn't fixed this issue, make sure you've updated all your other plugins too.

I can't spawn any mobs!
    This issue is usually caused by an outdated plugin, like Essentials. You should be keeping your plugins up to date - especially when an update hits - as they could contain fixes that make all the difference in the operation of your server.

As Essentials isn't properly communicating updates with the community at the moment (and their plugin appears to be the leading cause of this issue), many of you are still running a version that prevents spawning mobs from working. Please update to 2.2.x (or whatever the latest is) to fix this issue.

If this hasn't fixed this issue, make sure you've updated all your other plugins too.

Mobs aren't spawning!

As Essentials isn't properly communicating updates with the community at the moment (and their plugin appears to be the leading cause of this issue), many of you are still running a version that prevents mobs from naturally spawning. Please update to 2.2.x (or whatever the latest is) to fix this issue.

The easiest fix for most problems is to update to the Recommended Build b733.

Thanks for your patience, support and the many kind words you've all sent our way!

2. Offline

Phaedrus

Woot! Congratulations Bukkit team! Now to see if it breaks plugins....

wowzersam likes this.
  3. Offline

JCACC

Yay! Thank you so much for all your hard work getting this out for us.

TheHox likes this.
  4. Offline

Livewire

And now, my own personal hell begins.

Time to update -everything- from 617 to current. Gunna be a whiiiiiiiile :)

5. Offline

Collinqt

Got a few problems you may need to check into. If you do not type "stop" to stop the server, it eats the server. Also when i log on as the owner of the server the command prompt gets spammed with 20 severe messages, and just keeps replaying those over and over so I can't even check the command prompt to see whats going on. Just somethign to look into it may only be a problem for me.
    Update: As it seems in the city on my server, if anyone goes into it it spams the terminal with severe messages. If nobody's there, its perfectly fine, most likely a problem on my side then.

6. Offline

Lacho

Thank you for your hard work it's appreciated. :)

7. Offline

but2002

... I saw that it was a recommended build, but now, on the site, the latest recommended build has reverted again

8. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Most plugins are not broken. Plugins accessing the Minecraft classes are almost guaranteed to be broken, though. Some have already updated, of course.

9. Offline

lolzrofl

You sir, should win the internet :D

10. Offline

Moparx

You guys are the best. Keep up the great work.
    I'll be sending a donation your way as soon as possible.

11. Offline

EnigmaticMiner

Did the recommended build just revert back to 684..?

12. Offline

bewareofthecow

I will be trying this out right away... thanks for all the hard work!

13. Offline

EvilSeph

The RB list on the side of the forums/site sometimes likes to be stubborn and cache things...I'll try and force a refresh but the RSS feed itself has updated.

14. Offline

Tibs

High Five! Thanks guys for your hard work and dedication!

15. Offline

Xathzcraft

16. Offline

N3M3S1S357

Done, updated, everything still works. Yaaaaay! =D

17. Offline

Bjourk

Thanks, you guys are awesome!

18. Offline

cpalms

YESSSSS! Finally good job guys!

19. Awesome work! Now make finals go away so I can play

20. Offline

jor956

Great job; you really do try your best and some people just don't understand that you guys can't work 24/7 Your work is appreciated :D

21. Offline

unenergizer

Its about DAMN time.....

jk
    jk
    jk

I love bukkit and if the devs were hot chicks, i would probably sleep with you. :p

no homo though, good work and thank you!

22. dont know what I'd do without you guys :)

p0rnflakes likes this.
  23. Offline

marook

I'm curious... what steps are part of your update process? Is there some reference page to see details of the update process?

24. Offline

melvinp

i got a lol problem with it.
    i updated the server and start playing in our server.

But than if i want to chop some wood from a tree or chop somestone or sand. Than my minecraft closes.
    And in the console its saying melvinp lost connection: discconected.endofstream

How can i fix this. because nobody can play on the server because all there minecraf clients are closing and i give the same error.

If i chop it by hand than there is no problem.
    But if we use a Diamond Axe or Diamond Spade or Diamond pickaxe it freeze and than says the error ?

If i use a HD texture pack than i happend.
    If i use the standard minecraft textures than it works
    weird :confused:

25. Offline

Deathpoint

Thank you to everyone who works on this for your hard work and dedication.

26. Offline

robinjam

Fantastic! Thank you for all your hard work.

I haven't run into any bugs so far, and all my plugins seem to be working still. Excellent stuff.

27. Offline

vein_mx

thank you to everyone who worked on this bukkit release (and all prior releases and future releases)!! though it may have been slightly painful, the wait for a solid recommended release is for the better

28. Offline

Sammy

Congrats on another milestone =)
    Its good to see that the bukkit team is well managed and has someone to make the hard decisions
    Now it's our turn to update plugins :cool:

29. Offline

CAPSLOCK44

I'm so glad that you waited a little longer to update because this new build is so damn stable. Minecraft actually runs faster on my server than on my computer, now!

30. Offline

halvors

Good work :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.