CraftBukkit for a really old version of Minecraft Beta 1.7.2!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by Dinnerbone, Jul 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Dinnerbone Bukkit Team Member

THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE FOR MINECRAFT RELEASED IN OCT 2013

Show Spoiler

Update - July 1, 2011 at 3:01PM EST:
    Minecraft 1.7.2 contains a dupe exploit that will ruin your economy or could create other issues. We strongly recommend waiting for a fix from either Mojang or ourselves before updating.

---------------------------------------------------------

We're pleased to announce our fastest update ever, and we've just made our 1.7.2 compatible build of CraftBukkit available to download as a recommended build here.

For those who are interested, we had a 1.7 update ready for testing within 15 minutes of 1.7 being launched. That's compared to hours or even days we usually take! 1.7.1 was ready within 10 minutes, and 1.7.2 was ready in just under 10.

We'd like to thank you all for helping us test these out, and rest assured we're trying everything we can to make these even faster for the future!

2. Offline

zachoooo

YES. We NEED built in permissions.

3. Offline

Jadedwolf

alexanderpas likes this.
  4. Offline

ultimak

First off, big thanks to the bukkit team for such a quick update!

I follow craftbukkit on twitter and saw the tweets about the new permissions system for bukkit. Does this mean a built in system will be coming soon, or will it still require more work and this is just the beginning?

5. Offline

I'm working on it right now. We're going to see what plugin devs think of it and then it'll go live depending on how things go :)

Don Redhorse, matter123 and OrtwinS like this.
  6. Offline

Mocaris

Silly question i know, but is the dupe bug fixed yet dinnerbone? or does it take a update from notch to fix?

7. Offline

Jeb said they'll fix it next week if there's other issues too. We're looking into a fix on our end.

8. Offline

ultimak

Woo! That makes me so happy, it was really my only complaint about bukkit and even then the permissions plugins did an ok job of filling in that particular gap.

9. Offline

OrtwinS

_O_

This might be completely obvious, but I want to make sure anyway...:
    - ingame commands to create/delete groups, add/remove permissions, change player groups
    - multiworld with world mirrors
    - multigroups/subgroups (ie, one users being a member of multiple groups, required for advanced faction/class systems...)

and once more: _O_

Well, ever heard of this thing called Survival? the challange where people have to work to build awesome stuff, and where making yourself diamond armour is a sign of prosparity (while also being the best protection availeble).
    Thats why someone would want to dupe diamond.
    It would ruin my servers economy :p

but for the sand... you make an extremely awesome machine :D
    I love the sound of half a dozen pistons working in sync... I am goin to build some factories on my server to provide (besides needless moving around of blocks) this very awesome background sound of working machines...
    Thankyou for bring up the idea to me, piston music is the future!

edit: add a water drain to move all the drops to one spot, so you can pick them up without having to shut down that Awesome-O-Device

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  10. My map is totally messed up now....I cant create a single piston...I re-copied all the buildings into a new seed, emptied the players folder and still (although in the beginning i could) i cant make any pistons. Neither me or any player on the server. :(

11. Offline

~Poke~

How can you confirm this? I have pistons working fine, world still works, inventories look normal, everything's fine.

12. Offline

SirNasty2nd

I would like to add some of the current errors that i get that i dont know if they relate to mojang, or to the bukkit itself.:
    RESTRICTED.
    2011-07-02 20:18:00 [INFO] WorldGuard: Loaded configuration for world 'world_nether"
    2011-07-02 20:18:00 [INFO] WorldGuard 5.0-alpha10 enabled.
    2011-07-02 20:18:00 [WARNING] [EssentialsProtect] WorldGuard was detected, in the near future the following features of Protect will be disabled in favor of WorldGuard's versions
    2011-07-02 20:18:00 [WARNING] disable water flow
    2011-07-02 20:18:00 [WARNING] disable lava flow
    2011-07-02 20:18:00 [WARNING] disable water bucket flow
    2011-07-02 20:18:00 [WARNING] disable all fire spread
    2011-07-02 20:18:00 [WARNING] disable tnt explosion
    2011-07-02 20:18:00 [WARNING] disable creeper explosion
    2011-07-02 20:18:00 [WARNING] disable all damage types
    2011-07-02 20:18:00 [INFO] Done (0.463s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    2011-07-02 20:18:44 [INFO] SirNasty [/99.101.248.170:64157] logged in with entity id 125 at ([world] -420.9617322690773, 83.25, -152.71224820199376)
    2011-07-02 20:18:44 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to BukkitContrib
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: a
    at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.<init>(ContribCraftPlayer.java:41)
    at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.updateBukkitEntity(ContribCraftPlayer.java:197)
    at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribPlayerListener.onPlayerJoin(ContribPlayerListener.java:21)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:244)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.c(ServerConfigurationManager.java:124)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandler.java:97)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:33)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:91)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-07-02 20:20:04 [INFO] WorldEdit: SirNasty: /
    2011-07-02 20:21:16 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to BukkitContrib
    at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.<init>(ContribCraftPlayer.java:41)
    at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.updateBukkitEntity(ContribCraftPlayer.java:197)
    at org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribCraftPlayer.getContribPlayer(ContribCraftPlayer.java:223)
    at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(ContribPlayerListener.java:53)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$10.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:307)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:168)
    at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:210)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:552)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.a(SourceFile:57)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    2011-07-02 20:21:19 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: a
    2011-07-02 20:21:19 [SEVERE] at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribNetServerHandler.getInventoryFromContainer(ContribNetServerHandler.java:371)
    2011-07-02 20:21:19 [SEVERE] at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribNetServerHandler.getDefaultInventory(ContribNetServerHandler.java:77)
    2011-07-02 20:21:19 [SEVERE] at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribNetServerHandler.a(ContribNetServerHandler.java:127)
    2011-07-02 20:21:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Packet101CloseWindow.a(SourceFile:16)
    2011-07-02 20:21:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    2011-07-02 20:21:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
    2011-07-02 20:21:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    2011-07-02 20:21:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
    2011-07-02 20:21:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    2011-07-02 20:21:19 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-07-02 20:21:19 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribNetServerHandler.getInventoryFromContainer(ContribNetServerHandler.java:371)
    at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribNetServerHandler.getDefaultInventory(ContribNetServerHandler.java:77)
    at org.bukkitcontrib.ContribNetServerHandler.a(ContribNetServerHandler.java:127)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet101CloseWindow.a(SourceFile:16)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)

13. Offline

"2011-07-02 20:18:44 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to BukkitContrib"

BukkitContrib is a plugin, not by Bukkit or by Mojang. Yell at the authors to fix their plugin, not at us.

14. Offline

SirNasty2nd

So i dont really need bukkitcontrib?

15. Offline

ultimak

Unless you are using it for another plugin to work, you don't. Do you by chance run Logblock, because if so you need it for chest logging.

16. Offline

BooTs

Woohoo! I discovered a bug! Try to move a dispenser with the sticky piston. It wont move, when you try to destroy the dispenser while the piston is powered whole server crashes.

17. Offline

ledhead900

I already quoted the version history a page back - then Dinnerbone told me the dupe was not listed there yet.

LoL wut.. I spell horse shit coming from his mouth.

Either way again with powers of my mind I predicted Notch would fuck up the game with adding a simple Tierd and Tested mod that all he had to do was change the block of but instead totally balls it up and ruin SMP again.

It's all most like a part of life Notch should be included into the science books of human behaviour for study as to how one human can NEVER learn from his mistakes.

In this case "can't improve himself" to save a life.

This post is going to attract flame from people how think notch is a demigod but take a step back and sit down if you even think to comment about notch being a good man you are blind to what is really going on.

Notch is a business man and not the best at his job or coding but he also is not entirely stupid if he thinks he can lie to you and get away with it but hang on ... oh, he did .

Imo the version history tells the true story and not what notch posts on his blog's.

Anyway I just hope bukkit get this fixed soon in the meantime my server is running with out a hiccup using 1.6.6 and I don't have to use the bloody awful shears to farm wool :p

18. This didnt happen only to me..Another guy some pages back said the same thing...that it messed up his map and he had to restore.

19. Offline

~Poke~

Could it be a plugin?
    All I've noticed is my redstone torches occasionally refusing to turn on, just like 1.5 or .14 or whatever it was. These do happen to be hooked up to my piston doors, leaving them open. But yeah, all the world directories look fine, I have had to restart the server twice and that's worked fine, so I really can't see any issues in this sense.
    Maybe it's how you use the pistons? The bug with pushing redstone might have done it, unless they already fixed that.

20. Regarding server crashes, this might be an old bug but I just found it whilst testing..
    ..if someone destroys a MusicBox (not noteblock) (yes I know nobody uses them anymore)
    ...the whole server crashes. This is a new one on me but if people are testing stuff to make Bukkit bulletproof this would be a good test to add.

Bukkit is awesome and is the Only reason I put up with Notch's lazyness and mistakes.
    The one thing I'd love to see modded above all else is for minecraft to avoid crashing my client when I set off a ton of TNT. The server can handle it, and I don't mind lag.. why can't it throttle the bandwidth to the client? Or as simple as if the server has >1000 primed TNT, ignore them once 1000 have been processed, and as the currently exploding TNT disappears, it will naturally find the "delayed" ones. 100 or 1000, whatever it can handle each time it tried to process primed TNT. No reason why anything but RAM should limit how much TNT can go off.

21. Its not the plugins cause i tried without them also. And i am not talking about pistons not working....i mean in the crafting table you put the items inside and nothing comes out.
    It might work (after i restore all my files from backup), for the first time time, but it wont work for another admin, and then if i try to make one again then it wont work for me also.

I tried with a fresh map also. It was working fine, but when i copied my /players data into it, BAM stopped making pistons...I removed the players data files again, and still it wouldnt make...
    I am telling you, it messes up something in the map files...there is no logical explanation about it...I spent 10h yesterday trying to figure this out.

22. Offline

JamesS

BLIMEY! That was unexpected.

23. Offline

ChrisX930

The newest recommended build-version is very buggy >_>
    Can you fix the bugs please?

24. Offline

zipfe

What a helpful, detailed, insightful post.

Nexotron likes this.
  25. Offline

BenTheEpic

Very nice update time. Keep up the great work Bukkit staff. I look forward to Minecraft's full release when Bukkit is being perfected and updates (to Minecraft) are not as numerous. I hope you guys keep the project going for a long time. I can't have a public Minecraft server without WorldGuard and WorldEdit. That would SUCK.

26. Offline

LucidLethargy

So am I to understand the bukkit team just recommended a build that introduces a major duplication exploit? Was this fixed, or did this really just happen? No serious server will be able to update if that's the case, and with the recommended build set we will be frozen from updating our plugins... If the team DID fix the exploit, why is it not in the OP?!

27. Offline

ultimak

The dupe bug is a minecraft 1.7.2 bug, NOT a bukkit bug. If mojang doesnt fix it fast enough then bukkit may look into fixing it themselves in the meantime.

28. Offline

KarnEdge

Anyone else noticing "Read Time Out" errors on their server since #958 build?

Every couple of hours or so, everything will lag and the server will crash giving everybody Read Time Outs, I have to Force Stop the server then restart which will cause anything built from the last save-all not be saved.

29. Offline

Magesblood

Are you using MCmmo? After 72 hours of having the same issue and eliminating each plugin I determined it to be MCmmo even with the latest release 1.0.27 it still occurs. The fact that there was no errors was very odd but with MCmmo gone it is no longer timing the server out.

30. Offline

KarnEdge

I am using mcMMO, I disabled it for now and will see if the server crashes again.

31. Offline

matter123

me and other people i know enjoy the piston dupe bug i was wondering when you get around to fixing it if it would be possible to have an option to enable the bug (off by default) in server.properties or bukkit.yml etc

The Angry kat and Benjaneer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.