Craftbukkit for 1.5 is here!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by halvors, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Delois

I actually just got a bedrock teir JUST for testing. Right now world guard appears to be working in 1.5, but world edit is not working to the point that I cant use a wand. If you have all your regions set up, I am thinking it may be safe to move over. You would need to edit the config files by hand to add new regions. Of course I would still back everything up.

As for downgrading on brohost, just manually add or remove the craftbukkit.jar to move your version back down to 1.4.

(Tests done on 703)

EDIT: I did not test LWC

2. Offline

cholo71796

Thanks for the info! I'm pretty sure the craftbukkit.jar cannot be removed, though.

3. Offline

Nate204

I gave this a run. Spyer didn't work, and caused tons of console spam. World guard doesn't stop fire from lightning, and world edit doesn't work 100% of the time. My super pickaxe acted up, and I couldn't select some regions. Also, at times I would log in and see TONS of snow, and at others it would be gone. Everything else seemed o.k. You never really know though.... not until you can test it.

I'm still waiting for a R-Build. That way, plugin authors have something to look at when I say it's broken.

4. Offline

Galdrak

I currently have build 703 on my test server, and have the following plugins:
    General
    Multiverse
    Permissions
    ecoCreature
    Iconomy
    McMMO
    Tombstone

I am not getting any errors on any of these, but I think that EcoCreature may not be working correctly. However, from reading the EcoCreature thread, it seems that there may be an issue between McMMO and EcoCreature. My players are able to log in with the 1.5 client. One further note, EvilSeph responded in another thread that I posted in that build 703 is bypassing a problem, and that build 705 actually fixed said problem. I will try that build or higher, and report back if any errors creep in.

5. Offline

Istrebitel

On 706 when i place a sign or a ladder my client hangs up and exits to windows.
    Is that happening to everybody or just me?

Also, where do you get essentials for 1.5??? (or 1.4 for that matter, since i only know where to find one for 1.3)

6. Offline

nlionf

I read some of the posts about issues involving creepers and it's possible it has something to do with supercharged creepers? When a creeper is struck by lightning he gets sort of electrified and does extra damage.

7. Offline

Acru

Works again in build 704+, as they fixed the bug in bukkit~

8. Offline

crafta

anyone else noticing chunk loading "lag" in 706 ? taking longer to load areas, even over local network.

other notables:
    worldedit/worldguard both seem to be working in 706

UPDATE:
    upon upgrade to #707 chuck loading seems closer to what it was before, possibly still little bit slower, but could be plugin issue

Overall: Amazing work by the Bukkit team.

9. Offline

o0AzzA0o

big brother works for me on 703

10. Offline

John19800

So is Bukkit ready then?

11. Offline

Andre_9796

For 1.5 its ready since build 689 but no recommended one yet.

12. Offline

Tottely

13. Offline

Galdrak

I just placed a sign, and I did not crash. I am using build 706.

14. Offline

troed

Been running #707 for most of the day with no problems _except_ PickBoat which still doesn't work at all ("[SEVERE] Could not pass event VEHICLE_DAMAGE to PickBoat").

Plugins: HeroChat, HeroicDeath, Lockette, LoginMessage, Permissions, !PickBoat!, Stargate

15. Offline

Andre_9796

That plugin is broken and needs to be updated.

16. Offline

spunkiie

does anyone know a faction (abandoned plugin) clone ?

17. Offline

John19800

what is the best working bukkit build for 1.5 right now?

18. Offline

JonasQ

Hmm.
    I'm having one of the weirdest bugs right now.
    Anything to do with left-clicking dosn't seem to want to work. You can't destroy blocks (but you can place them), and you can't open/close doors. Along with that, nothing can be dropped (it'll leave your inventory, but not appear on the ground), and nothing can be added to your inventory (via /item and such) Nothing is appearing in the logs about it.
    Anyways, #709 seems to work with the majority of my plugins, but the issue I went over above is /really/ killing it.

19. Offline

NouvelleOrange

Tried 709. Permissions, Essentials, Interesting Places, AntiCreeper work. Minecart mania, NPC (Citizens), Cookbook do not work.

20. Offline

Cykey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.