craftbukkit dowloads as a .rar file

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by hogar, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

hogar

i hate that i am having issues with this. i am using windows xp , when i download craftbukkit it comes as a .rar not a .jar when i go to extract the file i cant find any .jar's . would appreciate the help . thanks

2. Offline

xTrollxDudex

hogar
    Craftbukkit should never come in a rar file. Where did you download it and are you absolutely certain that it is legit? It can be a virus/malware if it is not downloaded from the official source, and if it is legit, please report it because I don't think others should be distributing craftbukkit, no matter how helpful 7zip/WinRAR is.

3. Offline

JWhy

You used to open your minecraft.jar with WinRar, don't you? :)
    Now your Windows opens all .jar files with WinRar, so it calls your craftbukkit.jar a 'WinRar archive' too, though it still is a .jar file. Anyways, ignore that and move your craftbukkit.jar (which may seem to be a .rar archive) to your server folder. Assuming you're using the recommended start.bat (and you didn't rename the CraftBukkit download) the server should start up correctly.

4. Offline

hogar

i have never used my winrar to open up my minecraft. this is a brand new pc. like 3 weeks old. i have the latest version of minecraft and i came to this website and downloaded the recommended build from it .

my mistake, it doesnt download as .rar. it comes as a .jar but only opens in winrar.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2016
  5. Offline

JWhy

6. Offline

hogar

thank you for your help everyone. i figured it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.