CraftBukkit 1.5.1-R0.2 is now available!

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

A new CraftBukkit Beta Build (1.5.1-R0.2) that provides Minecraft 1.5.1 compatibility as well as stability and security improvements is now available. If you're running 1.5.1-R0.1, updating is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Will plugins break with this build?
    Provided the developers of the plugins you are using are keeping up with the development of Bukkit, all your plugins should work fine, with the exception of plugins that use Minecraft or CraftBukkit code.

What is a Beta build?
    A Beta Build is in between a developer build and a Recommended Build. These builds simply work and are promoted much more frequently than a Recommended Build. While we will do some testing before promoting a beta build, we will not be running it through our extensive test process. As such, there are no guarantees that they will not contain minor bugs. If we do find out they are broken, we will mark it as such on DLB and promote a new one. A beta build may contain incomplete API and new features but they should not interfere with running the build in any way.

This particular Beta build has been promoted to provide servers with fixes for some known critical exploits. If you're running 1.5.1-R0.1, updating is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Known Issues:
    • None.

For more detailed information on what is contained in this update, please see the changelog here.

Download CraftBukkit 1.5.1-R0.2 here

2. Offline

Rexel

Maybe someday we will be able to edit signs directly again.

3. Offline

PatrickSzczep

Well nice work people of bukkit staff. The bukkit staff team is not bad at all.

And is there any bugs or glitches at that file?

4. Offline

TechnoGeek123

THANKS SOOOOOO MUCH

5. Offline

troopek

I didn't play Minecraft for more than mounth. Time to start playing again. Good job.

6. Stop making the Beta builds and focus on the Recommended build for gods sake! It's taking so long time that a new update will probably come soon...

7. Offline

computerxpds

Beta.. comes before release.. because beta is to test and fix bugs before release so that release is perfect. (release being Recommended). I run beta builds and dev builds.. but I do it under extreme caution and make sure everything is backed up.

8. Offline

Mre30

There is so much fail with this post.... it's amusing.

9. Yes i know! But it takes so long time. They said it would take about 1-2 weeks for the RB to get released but now it has taken about 1-2 Months!

10. Offline

RoryBecker

I just saw Dinnerbone tweet -> "There will be a 1.5.2 pre-release today, and possibly maybe a new snapshot too. We'll see."
    http://www.twitter.com/Dinnerbone/status/327407584749420545

Can someone who is actually involved with bukkit dev (Dinnerbone or Evilseph or similar) comment on the real-world effects of this on progress towards a recommended build.

Does everything reset again, or is something salvagable from the existing 1.5.1 efforts?

Thanks.

11. Offline

TnT

RoryBecker
    Entirely depends on the scope of the change. Once a pre-release actually comes out we will know better.

12. Offline

Torgado

I have to admit some frustration with waiting for a recommended build. We host with McLayer and want a stable community server, so can't do beta's.

We're stuck at 1.4.7 until a new recommended build comes out that matches up with the release of the minecraft release...

Please, can you consider at least giving us a recommended build for each point release or maybe every other point release? Something like 1.4.7, 1.4.9, 1.5.1... something a little more frequent than every 4 or 5 point releases?

Just a plea, no criticism here- definitely appreciate the work you're doing for the community. :)

Alrighty then--- feel free to jump in trolls! Have at me!!! I'm all yours!!! ;-)

13. Offline

Zarius

Torgado - I understand the frustration however please consider that the Bukkit teams goal is always to achieve a Recommended Build.

This cannot be forced, it's a slow and steady process of hammering down the bugs until you are comfortable with the result. Sometimes this is quick and sometimes bugs are more stubborn and/or evasive. If a new minecraft version comes out in the meantime this also slows down the process.

14. Offline

nateracecar5

BUG! The "scoreboard players list {objective name}" command doesn't work in command blocks. It just continually outputs a signal to the comparator (Yes I have a clock so it constantly updates)

15. Offline

Zarius

nateracecar5 - thanks for the advising about the bug however please report bugs to the Bukkit issue tracker (as far as I'm aware no bugs can be fixed unless they have an issue ticket on the tracker).

16. Offline

skymasterbest

I really hope my plugins will update.

17. Offline

skillet4eva

Not very impressed that it's STILL in 1.4.7. I know the bukkit team are working as hard as we can but it's hard to run a 1.5.1 server if you don't even have a 1.5.1 version.

18. Offline

Gravity

Have you read the title of this post?

tyzoid and Deleted user like this.
  19. Offline

Juicygoose187

Seph your cool! :D

20. Offline

N00BDestroyer

With all of the new minecraft updates it is hard enough for the bukkit team to keep up with that so we can USE bukkit. Therefore it may take a while for the team to be able to make the recommended build to a later build.

21. Offline

Ametz

I hope that too :)

22. Offline

TnT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.