CPU USAGE 100% .. Help please :(

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Rulerish, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Rulerish

Hi.. I opened my sever last week. The thing is .. like 2 days ago we started having huge lag spikes every 30-45 seconds. When I was looking at the console I saw that our CPU Doesn't drop less then 80% and that lag spike occurs when our CPU hits 100%. Its really annoying .. It happens almost everyime .. when having 25/30 or 15/30 players online. Here are my plugins

<Removed - Advertising in screenshot - Necrodoom>

the hosting company is Beastnode and I'm running on 1GB server which can hold 30 players

2. Offline

Adriani6

I would recommend using a bit more ram. 1gb for 30 people and 33 plugins.. hmm. I also wouldnt use shared hosting, such as; beastnode for example.

BensDaMan likes this.
  3. Offline

XD 3VIL M0NKEY

Beastnode is terrible, they overload their servers.
    Try Nitrous Networks.

4. Offline

edvinsdainis

plugin overload, remove half of them

5. Offline

Zarko

1 ram - beastnode thats why.

6. Offline

Rulerish

The thing is i'm sponsored by them and they were the most lagless host i have ever used. By lagless I mean that there is no block/drop delay. Anyone knows any other good host?

7. Offline

LHammonds

Have you done any performance testing to identify the issue? I might be a single plugin causing problems. It might be that the amount of RAM is insufficient to maintain the server (which causes high amounts of swaps from RAM to HD to occur).

At the operating system level, monitor the main areas:
    * RAM usage
    * CPU usage
    * Hard drive usage
    * Swap file usage

At the Minecraft level, do the following:
    * Turn on the profile timings, wait for a while and run "/timings merged" and observe the results in the .txt file it creates.
    * Run NoLagg and issue the "/nolagg examine 5000" command to get a cross section of everything going on at a specific time in the game. Then run the nolagg.jar file (which opens a GUI) and load up the .exam file it created. Then you can drill down through the plugins to see what each one was doing. Might need to do this several times to catch events that seem random. Please know that running this will show NoLagg taking up a lot of CPU....as will any monitoring system while actively monitoring and recording events.
    * Run "/lag" and "/mem" to see your servers ticks-per-second (TPS) and amount of RAM being used (while in-game)

With all this information recorded over the same timeframe, you can begin to get a good picture of your problem area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.