CPU load high and frequent server crashes, lag.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by MadBluey, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MadBluey

Hello Bukkitforums!

Our server has encountered lot of crashes lately since we updated all our plugins and bukkit. The server is really really laggy up to a point when it crashes. CPU is at a constant 70-100% even when only 5 players are in it. (server supported up to 40 players no problem before) We have tried to fix the problem with a full reinstall of plugins and our map but the problems have persisted.

Problem list:
    *Lagspikes
    *CPU load high (rollercoaster)
    *Crashes

What have we done?
    *Backed all the files up
    *Full reinstall of the server and all the plugins.

Bukkit version 1.2.5-R2.0

Plugin list:
    Enabled:
    EnderpearlDisable,
    FinSpamBots,
    Spectate,
    SWatchdog,
    NoCheatPlus,
    WorldEdit,
    AuthMe,
    IllegalName,
    BKCommonLib,
    PermissionsEx,
    LWC,
    WorldGuard,
    TopPVP,
    Essentials,
    EssentialsProtect,
    EssentialsSpawn,
    VanishNoPacket,
    NoLagg,
    ChestShop,
    EssentialsChat,
    Modifyworld

Disabled: (Thought they were the problems)

Creativecontrol
    Jobs
    Hawkeye

If you need more info-- PM me!

CPU usage-
    [​IMG]

2. Offline

Cicadia

Can you answer any or all of these questions for me?
    • Processor model and performance (Example: Intel i7 Q3000 @ 3.0GHz...)
    • Though it's not easy, the RAM type or speed (Example: DDr3 at 1333MHz...)
    • Recent changes to Bukkit
    Also, there was a known performance issue that was supposedly fixed. I reccomend you back up to an earlier Bukkit version to check it out. If it fixes the issue, Bukkit may have a problem.

Of course if you do that your plugins won't work. So, before trying out an older Bukkit version, I suggest you remove each plugin one by one until the issue is solved. If it's still slow with no plugins, try a different build of Bukkit.

3. Offline

MadBluey

We are hosted through redstonehost so i could'nt get the exact details through what we're hosted.

Diamond package
    2.2GB dedicated RAM, 3.5GB Burst RAM

Recent changes to bukkit: (within two weeks)

1.2.5 R-1.3(OK) ---> 1.2.5 R-2.0 (crashed alot - We didn't update the plugins) --> 1.2.5 R-1.3 (crashed) ---> 1.2.5 R-2.0 (updated all the plugins for this --- status right now)

We tried disabling almost all of the plugins leaving only the bare essentials one needs to run a server, but we need to test the setup with people so we can see if it is a plugin or server problem.

Bump.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  4. Offline

MadBluey

Disabled: Finspambot , Illegalname

Deleted all the unused plugins including finspambot, illegalname, creativecontrol etc. from /root/minecraft/

Right now the server has been up for a day without crashing, but still there is a little hint of lag and CPU usage is still abnormally big - 60%-70% with 20 people.

5. Offline

kawohi

I just want to point this out. Go to the redstonehost Minecraft forum thread. read the last posts.

6. Offline

Recolance

Hate to necrobump but by the looks of your control panel there may be a chance that you are using Redstone hosting. That cpu usage issue with that hosting service is the reason i switched.

7. Offline

MikeA

Assuming you're using shared minecraft hosting, the provider is probably overloading their server or someone on the server is abusing theirs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.