Countdown on item

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by tobiyas, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

tobiyas

Hey, someone habe an idea how to do a Countdown on a lore oft a item?

It's not about setting the lore, it's about the idea oft how to address the item correctly and reducing the Countdown.

What I exactly thought of was an Enchant with an time right next to it, like: 'Poisoned: 10m 42s'.

How can I reduce the Countdown without having to parse every item in everyones Inventory?

Anyone got a good idea on this one?
    notice: items are often Cloned. So referecing via ItemStack will not work correct.

2. Offline

NathanWolf

If you want the lore to update live, I don't think you a choice besides checking everyone's entire inventory every second.

You could maybe only have it update while they're holding it? That way you don't have to check every slot. However, if they open their inventory and hover over an inactive item, it will show a stale timer.

3. Offline

tobiyas

Thank you very much, NathanWolf.

Anyone else any other idea?

4. Offline

NathanWolf

Well I did have another idea that's kind of different, but could be really fun :D

You could use a map for this, and update it with the countdown. Then give each of your players this map and they can look at it to see the info.

They'd have to actually hold and look at the map (or put it in an item frame!), so maybe not as convenient as the lore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.