"Could not reserve enough space"

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by OneGaming36, Dec 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

OneGaming36

Hey guys,

I started reinstalling a craftbukkit server on my new PC, which has 16GB of RAM, but I'm still not able to give the server more than 1024MB of RAM.
    No matter how much RAM I enter it keeps telling me "Could not reserve enough space".
    How do I give the server more RAM?

Thanks for your help!

I now managed to give the server more RAM by installing the 64bit-Version of Java.
    However now everytime I launch the server I get the warning:
    Code:
    >WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
    WARNING: Illegal reflective access by io.netty.util.internal.ReflectionUtil (file:/C:/Users/maxgl/Desktop/Minecraft/Server/craftbukkit.jar) to constructor java.nio.DirectByteBuffer(long,int)
    WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of io.netty.util.internal.ReflectionUtil
    WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
    WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

What does this mean and how to fix this error/warning?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2017
  2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@OneGaming36
    From what I can tell, the error message should not interfere with any other part of spigot. The reason this is happening is because Java 9 is not fully supported. To remove the error message, downgrade to Java 8.

3. Offline

OneGaming36

Thank you for the information. As long as the server is running fine I will keep Java 9.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.