Corruption caused by craftbukkit 1.1-R2 build 1940.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Dooderdo, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Dooderdo

So here is the problem. One day I decided to update to the newest recommended build which happened to be 1940. It was new, I didn't know It could corrupt my worlds. Once 1.2 came out, I tried to update to the recommended beta build, it didn't work. R6... failure. R5... nothing. R4... same exact error. I tried Chunkster, no success. I am running my server on a Studio XPS 435? OS=Vista, 64bit. Ram=3-4GB. Also installed is Java 6 (64bit of course). Here is the exact error;
    Code:
    Last login: Thu Mar  8 16:54:51 on ttys000
    /Users/*my name*/Desktop/Minecraft\ Maintnance/Minecraft_Server/LaunchServer.command ; exit;
    (do not read my info) /Users/*my name*/Desktop/Minecraft\ Maintnance/Minecraft_Server/LaunchServer.command ; exit;
    174 recipes
    27 achievements
    20:18:37 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.1
    20:18:37 [INFO] Loading properties
    20:18:37 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    20:18:37 [WARNING] **** SERVER IS RUNNING IN OFFLINE/INSECURE MODE!
    20:18:37 [WARNING] The server will make no attempt to authenticate usernames. Beware.
    20:18:37 [WARNING] While this makes the game possible to play without internet access, it also opens up the ability for hackers to connect with any username they choose.
    20:18:37 [WARNING] To change this, set "online-mode" to "true" in the server.properties file.
    20:18:37 [INFO] This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-1.1-R6-b1988jnks (MC: 1.1) (Implementing API version 1.1-R6)
    20:18:37 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    20:18:37 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.loadMap(PluginDescriptionFile.java:203)
    20:18:37 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.<init>(PluginDescriptionFile.java:40)
    20:18:37 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getPluginDescription(JavaPluginLoader.java:198)
    20:18:37 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:132)
    20:18:37 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:206)
    20:18:37 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:182)
    20:18:37 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:53)
    20:18:37 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:147)
    20:18:37 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:407)
    20:18:37 [SEVERE]    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)
    20:18:37 [SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.loadMap(PluginDescriptionFile.java:203)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.<init>(PluginDescriptionFile.java:40)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.getPluginDescription(JavaPluginLoader.java:198)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:132)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:206)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:182)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:53)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:147)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:407)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)
    Any help would be much appreciated!

Edit: Note that this error is displayed on and recreated on a macintosh. The error appears on both my server, and my test computer server.

2. Offline

FXHNTR

Did you remember to change the name of the builds in the startup file?

3. Offline

Dooderdo

Tried to run R6 with this.
    Code:
    cd ~/Desktop/Minecraft\ Maintnance/Minecraft_Server
    java -Xincgc -Xmx768M -jar craftbukkit-1.1-R6.jar
    So to answer your question... yes.

4. Offline

Tanite

Do you have a backup from before your update?

5. Offline

Dooderdo

Before my update to R2? Then yes. But since then everyone on my server has made a lot of progress, which would be lost. Correct?

Bumpity Bump-Bump

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  6. Offline

shanko

I have this same error, would loading a backup world fix it?

7. Offline

Dooderdo

I am not sure, I do not have backup that old.

8. Offline

Dooderdo

I have realized that it is due to the corruption of my maps, which I have fixed with MCedit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.