Corner stairs stand alone plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Hockeymikey, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Offline

Hockeymikey

Plugin category: Mechanics/Miscellaneous

Suggested name: Betterstairs (I don't care about the name)

What I want: I want a plugin, if possible, where I can have corner stairs be just alone and by it's self without any other stairs next to it. I don't know if this is possible. If it's not let me know.

Ideas for commands: Maybe a command to give you a corner stair block or one that you can right click a stair and turn it into a corner stair. Like "/bes in" for a inverted stair and /bes out for an outverted one.

Ideas for permissions: Maybe a perm to let people use the commands to change or place just corner stairs liek betterstairs.place or betterstairs.change

When I'd like it by: As soon as possible.

Bump. Improved my post.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  2. Offline

Retherz_

I think this is client side and you are not allowed to bump your posts within 12 hrs(not sure)

3. Offline

Hockeymikey

Oh sorry I didn't see anything about it in the request guide. Thanks for the reply.

4. Offline

Necrodoom

this isnt client sided, its decided by metadata.

5. Offline

Hockeymikey

So can it be changed with a plugin or not?

6. Offline

Necrodoom

it can be, similar plugins were written to set the stair direction (when corner stairs didnt exist)

7. Offline

kg9dh

The stairs direction isn't handled the same way as a corner.

The stairs direction saved in the datavalue (i think material data value but nvm), like e.g. woolcolors.
    But a corner got the same value as a normal stair placed in the same direction
    --> That probably means that its only the client who renders the corners
    -----> Not possible to make "standalone" corners

8. Offline

Necrodoom

are you sure it doesnt use tile entity data?