Controling Server from another computer?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Shieldcrafter, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Shieldcrafter

Hey guys,
    So my parents are divorced and i need to know if i can control my home run server at my other parents house.But so i can install plugins and not have to do at a two houses.
    TY

2. Offline

stuntguy3000

Teamviewer.

3. Offline

lokpique

Just enable the RCON and you should be able to connect to the console with that. This can be done in the server.properties file.
    Note that you will have to forward the port for the RCON as well once you set this up or you won't be able to connect.

So, go into your server.properties file and change or add the following lines to reflect this...
    enable-rcon=true
    rcon.password=YourPasswordHere
    rcon.port=25575
    ^ (That is the port you will also have to forward.)

I'm being told that this is a good client to use for connecting to the console remotely.
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...onnection-client-for-minecraft-servers.70910/

QUICK EDIT : Be careful if you stop the server, I am unsure if you can restart it using this method. But it will at least let you access the console while it is running. One way around this is to create a startup script that keeps restarting the server when it stops. It's an ugly fix, but it does work.

On the off chance you are running the server on a linux machine, this whole process can be made a lot easier using SSH.

4. Offline

stuntguy3000

JUST USE TEAMVIEWER.

It's soo much easier.

5. Offline

zipfe

Have been administrating Minecraft server for more than 2 years now, Teamviewer hasn't even remotely (pun!) crossed my mind.

Repeating it and using all caps doesn't make it any more a suitable tool.

6. Offline

lokpique

Easier unless someone else at the other end is using the computer he runs the server on.

Im quite sure his mom or dad will love having their email interrupted so he can mess around with their screen.

7. Offline

stuntguy3000

8. Offline

lokpique

Why?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.