Filled [ConsoleControl] Prevent Command Msgs In Console

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by PhillyCheezsteak, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plugin category: Admin Tools

Suggested name: ConsoleControl

What I want: A plugin with a list of commands in the config I can put that would prevent those commands being seen in the console.

EDIT: I would also want the regular text/chatting to be filtered out/not seen in the console/log.

Here is what the config would look like ideally

Config
    Commands you do not want showing up in the console
    Warp
    Fly
    Spawn
    Home

So if I would use the command /Warp, My console would not say "PhillyCheezsteak just used the command warp" or something like that. Instead it would be blank.

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: None

When I'd like it by: As soon as you can please.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  2. Offline

Chucky109

3. @Chucky109 The only problem with this, is it filters out all of the commands, not certain ones, but I do like how you can filter chats in there, so I edited it in my original post. The reason why I would only want certain commands filtered out is because I have some commands attached to signs, objects, etc, and I do not want them to be spammed in the console, but if someone uses a command like to change their gamemode or cheat somehow, I would want to catch that.

4. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@PhillyCheezsteak You can change the filter to only change certain commands though

Chucky109 likes this.
  5. @timtower I am looking at the Log Filter plugin and this is what it says
    # Filter all "Player issued server command" messages. Useful for example for AuthMe in fact of hidding passwords.
    # - rule: '([A-Za-z0-9_]{3,16}) issued server command: /(.{0,})'

I do not know if I am missing anything, but I do not know how I would filter certain commands and not all of them.

6. Online

7. @timtower Sorry I am very confused now xD So say if I want all commands with /warp filtered out of my console/log, what would I write/type for the rule?

8. @timtower Hey Tim when you have time, I am still confused with this xD sorry. So I have the config open up now and I kinda understand what you sent me, but I am still confused. This is what the example is.

- rule: '([A-Za-z0-9_]{3,16}) issued server command: /(.{0,})'

So if I want to filter out all warp commands, would I type

- rule: '([A-Za-z0-9_]{3,16}) warp: /(.{0,})'

From what I am guessing, in the example it would filter anything with "issued server command" which means that it would filter out any command with that text. I was wondering if this would be right?

9. Online

@PhillyCheezsteak You still need the issued server command, the last part "(.{0,}" is the filter part.
    - rule: '([A-Za-z0-9_]{3,16}) issued server command: /warp (.{0,})'

10. Offline

BladeFireTurtle

I found this website particularly helpful when I was messing around with filters a while back: http://www.regexr.com/

11. @timtower I tried it and it does not work sadly. This is what I did
    - rule: '([A-Za-z0-9_]{3,16}) issued server command: /warp (.{0,})'
    after that did not work I tested this
    - rule: '([A-Za-z0-9_]{3,16}) issued server command: /warp town1 (.{0,})'

Both of them did not work. I even made sure that the formatting was correct also, and it still does not work.

12. Hey Tim, I am bumping this because I tried everything from what you said, and also researching those other links.

What I basically want is for my Log and Console, to not show up certain commands, and talking.

Example: In the config I put /warp . All commands that have /warp in it, would not show up.

So /warp town1 /warp town2 /warp town3 etc, so all warps would not show up.

The main reason why I need this plugin is to prevent my console and log from being spammed since I have commands attached to items and citizens if you right click them. I am also hoping this would prevent server lag and prevent the console from stressing.

13. Online

@PhillyCheezsteak Putting less on the console won't really do anything with your server performance though.
    Certainly not if every click will be checked if the item can run a command and if the npc that you are clicking runs a command

14. @timtower So either way it would perform the exact same, but the only difference is the log file would be a lot more clean? What would the benefit of the console not showing a command is executed by a player, besides it looking a lot more clean?

15. Online

16. @timtower So it would not prevent the console from stressing out? Because what I am afraid of is if you have a group of people continuously right clicking a Citizen and it would spam my console and cause the console to stress out because it would have to keep putting who did what and I am afraid it would start to slow down and not keep up.

17. Online

18. @timtower Thanks, I feel better about this now. I just did not want a group of trolls on my server wanting to spam my NPC's and try to crash the server lol. I guess I am just going to let this be and mark it as filled since it is not needed. If I find an issue with it in the future, I will make another reply, or if this thread is locked. I will message you, asking for permission to make another thread. Thank you again Tim :)

timtower likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.