Connection Time Out for anybody trying to connect to server?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Drunken_Platypus, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Players cannot connect to my server while I'm running it through the Command Prompt (cmd). I followed all steps correctly, but they still cannot connect. They can, however, connect perfectly when I use the vanilla minecraft server program.

Any help is appreciated, as I've been dealing with this problem for a long time.

2. Offline

Zaros

Do you have a port specified other than 25565? If so, they have to type it in and you have to forward it.

3. No sir, I have changed nothing that didn't need to be changed. I can't figure out why, but it DID work for a while yesterday.

4. Offline

ViruSpreadeR

what exactly did you type in cmd?or how exactly did you do it?u created a batch file that says what?

post it here

5. I created a .bat file that said:
    @ECHO OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%"
    "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

I removed the PAUSE command that was in the default Bukkit.org version, as I hated having to press one extra key. haha

6. Offline

ViruSpreadeR

XD...but it will tell prolly tell you what or why your friends cant join?
    try putting the pause command at the last one..and let see whats it gotta say

7. Hmm okay I'll try that just for S's and G's.

It tells them Connection Timed out.

And for me it just says Connection Reset (it says that in the console)

Anyone wanna help me test it by the way?

8. Offline

ViruSpreadeR

hmmm....can you upload your whole server folder via media fire?
    "i'll see what i can do"

9. Sure man.

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
  10. Offline

DisabledCoin

Oh my God I have the same exact problem except I can connect unlike you, It used to work but now it doesen't. When I type localhost in it connects, but even on another computer in the same house, it wont work.

SirKevinTa likes this.
  11. Exactly, I can connect using Localhost. Actually I was able to connect using my bro's laptop, but my friends cannot connect.

12. Offline

ViruSpreadeR

u didnt put your ip address in the server.properties...then u should portforward 25565 to your ip-address too

13. Offline

SirKevinTa

I don't understand most of this gibberish but i too am having the same difficulties. I downloaded a "newb friendly" Craftbukkit :p

14. Offline

DisabledCoin

I tried that but the router wouldn't let me

15. Offline

ViruSpreadeR

if u have teamviewer...i will glady help u with this problem...pm me your teamviewer info and we'll figure it all out

16. Offline

1lann

What he's doing is correct. Leaving the server-ip blank automatically binds his sever to every IP address avaliable to the computer. But if he typed an IP address in, it will force the server to bind to that network. Doing it this way will only give him errors if it could not be binded with the specified IP address.

17. Offline

ViruSpreadeR

it depends on the situation...if u are using hamachi u should put HAMACHI-IP...if not, u still have to put your IP-address, and it will not create errors if u really know how to check your ip...(which im guessing you do not know how?thats why you bring this topic up)

18. Offline

DisabledCoin

You put up cmd, ipconfig, easy. I do not use Hamachi or teamviewer btw.

19. Offline

1lann

-_- I do know... How does checking your IP has to do with this? It's checking your port, not your IP. Also I'm not the OP. Btw what I said is basically what @TnT said (A community staff of bukkit forums)
    Read this thread: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/this-is-the-error-i-get.14439/
    It really all matters to the OP on how he/she wants it. If she wants traffic only one IP address, the op would type in that address. If he/she wanted traffic from all the IP addresses avaliable, the op would leave it blank

20. Offline

ViruSpreadeR

go to this site..use the ip on that site
    then portforward the port 25565 to your ip using your routers website or whatever you call that...what type of router you have?

21. Offline

DisabledCoin

I tried that, it will say it's being used by other configurations, + ur not supposed to portforward ur ip, u portforward ur ipv4. i have a netgear model WNR2000v2

22. Offline

Zaros

IPv4 is just a 4 octet IP address, as opposed to IPv6 which is a 6 octet IP address...
    Also, you forward your local IP and it's port.
    (Networking Major ftw!)

As for the port forwarding:
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    The page with all the pages.

23. Offline

DisabledCoin

i already did it still doesen't work. DO u guys think i should just use himachi?

dang himachi wont work either

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  24. Hey everyone who posted on this thread, thanks for all the help. (I'm OP)

I'd prefer not to use Hamichi if possible, and I think i've done the port forwarding correctly... Could somebody please post the basic steps? No need for specifics, I just need to make sure I didn't forget any steps.

And will port forwarding rid me of the "Connection timed out:Connect" my friends are getting?

25. Offline

Zaros

Port forwarding is essential if you want to run a local server, you should have already done it...

26. I have, and I did it right as far as I know. But it still hasn't solved my problem

27. Offline

DisabledCoin

Is the local ip the one u get when u go to seemyip.com?

28. Offline

Zaros

No, thats your external. You can get your local IP by going into command prompt and typing "ipconfig". By default, its 192.168.1.#

29. Offline

DisabledCoin

I already did but it still doesen't work, im really confused.

30. Offline

Zaros

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.