Solved Connection Refused: connect

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Shoopieparps, Jun 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Shoopieparps

Yes, I’ve port forward’ed it. Yes, I’ve set my ipv4 address as my server ip. It happens every time I try to log in in my server. I can't log in with "localhost" or my ip.
    If I left the server ip blank, I can login with "localhost" but I can't with my ip. Hamachi works fine tho.
    Can you please help me? Thanks.

PS: I'm running Bukkit (obv)
    If you wanna see any files of my server, feel free to ask me.

Sorry if I double posted, I'm just bumping it so that people can see it. I'm sorry if it is against the rules, I don't see a thread about them.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
  2. Offline

Shoopieparps

I can now log in with my ipv4 address and localhost, but other people cannot. [zombie]

3. Offline

undefinedarray

Test your ports to see if they are open. Sometimes your router may have the ports open, but there still could be something blocking it. (ec. WIndows Firewall)

http://www.canyouseeme.org/

4. Offline

Shoopieparps

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PS: It does not say the port is open when I turn off the server.

5. Offline

Shoopieparps

Can you guys help me, please? (I think there’s no way to fix it since "no one" replied :\

If there's no way to fix it, can you just tell me? :'(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
  6. Offline

lokpique

Might not be broken... Try letting someone OUTSIDE the network test the external address for you...

Many routers don't allow you to use your own external address while you are inside the network (called a loopback connection).

Shoopieparps likes this.
  7. Offline

Shoopieparps

@lokpiqueIg worked now but it didn't work before, perhaps it worked 'cause I changed my ipv4 and my computer name(?). Also, thank you for telling me to connect with my ipv4, now my friends can connect with my public address ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.