Connection refused: connect, Can't reach server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by montepente, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

montepente

Ok, well, I don't know where to start.

I've been spending over 12 hours jumping from forums to forums trying to find an answer to my problem but nothing could solve it.

In the morning, I had a completly working multiplayer server on my computer. Everything was working fine. Suddenly, someone in my house reseted the router for some reason. Right after that, the server stopped working. It's normal considering the port was no more forwarded. SO i went back to my router admin panel and set up the port-forwarding again.
    Minecraft tcp/udp 25565 25565 192.168.2.100
    this IP is my local computer's.

Now, I can log with localhost or with my local IP no problem, anybody on my LAN can also access it from there with my local IP. BUT, with my external IP, which I won't give here, nobody can't connect. Nobody on my LAN can connect with the external IP. People outside can't join either, all they get is an error: can't reach server OR Connection refused: connect.

If I go on any port-forward check website, it says my port 25565 is open. I also called my ISP to know if there was any blocked port, but there was none. I tried with and without DMZ directing to my computer. I tried with and without DHCP. I tried using another port ans connecting like this xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:12345. Still no results.

So, at this point I guess it might now be my server properties or something, since these didn't change at all between the moment when it was working and the moment it was not...

I don't know where to look now, i tried everything I could find after 12 hours of research, please, tell me someone got the solution for me, I'm getting desperate.

Local works
    External doesn't
    Port is open and not blocked by ISP
    Server configuration didn't change (also tried installing a brand new server, it didn't work)

What could be the problem at this point?

2. Offline

PolarCraft

just do ipconfig on the windows in the cmd and check to see if your local computer ip changed!
    If it did then change the ip in the config of your router!

3. Offline

montepente

It's still the same 192.168.2.100

4. Offline

PolarCraft

in the config for your router settings does it say 192.168.2.100 ?
    And if so in your server.properties for the ip slot is their anything there?

5. Offline

montepente

in my router its the same IP 192.168.2.100 and in front of server-ip in my properties it's empty as it was when it was working

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.