"Connecting to the server.." Error.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by showplaces, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

showplaces

I just started my server last night with a lot of plugins installed with it. I had 2 people joined that are good friends. It was still working as usually and there was no lag at all. After a while I just turned off the server and went to bed. I woke up and started up my server.bat and typed in my IP on Minecraft and it wouldn't connect. It so many times before I don't know what happened. I deleted some plugins and it still wouldn't connect. Can you help with this problem?

2. Offline

ZeusAllMighty11

Does it give you the error that says there may already be a server running on this port? Please elaberate more.

If it's an error in the Command Prompt, open task manager>Processes>and close all Java.exe and javac.exe then restart your server.

3. Offline

Zumpz

i have the same problem, but my server not work :mad:

4. Offline

showplaces

No, I left my server IP blank in the server.properties and it worked fine but I tried enetering the IP in there and it said ** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT ** so that was also wrong. Heres a screenshot of my server.bat

[​IMG]

5. Offline

ZeusAllMighty11

You didn't try typing in your IP in the multiplayer section for your own server, right? Make it localhost if not already.

6. Offline

showplaces

I did. People could get on last night and now it won't connect even for me. How do I make it localhost?

I know it sucks :(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  7. Offline

ZeusAllMighty11

When you click "Multiplayer" and it says "Enter IP", enter localhost.

Do you use Hamachi or SQL? Or other?

8. Offline

showplaces

Nope, no Hamachi. I haven't tried localhost so I'll do that. I don't really know what SQL is all I did was typed my computer's default IP into chrome and I port forwarded it, made a server.bat folder and it loaded.

localhost works so I'm in, but how can people join now?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  9. Offline

ZeusAllMighty11

They enter your IP address to the server.

10. Offline

duckie

have you solved it
    cause ive got EXACTLY the same problem as you

11. Offline

showplaces

I have not. I have so many problems again :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.