Complex Kits/Teams

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by LkE_, Aug 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Rayzr522

Hmmm... Are there any errors in the console?

@9UjtOAtcBA wow... you are quite active on the Plugin Requests forum, aren't you?

2. Offline

9UjtOAtcBA

@Rayzr522

It's the only forums I visit nowadays. I find it intriguing to converse with players that have no experience in coding about their plugin ideas, and with the developers regarding the possible solutions and pitfalls of said ideas.

3. Offline

Rayzr522

Not necessary, and using the built in teams system could *theoretically* be incompatible with any other plugin that wants to use the built in teams system.
    EDIT: But thanks for the suggestion ;)

Ok, here we go again.
    Try this:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/is54e7bpfrj7wu0/elementalkits-1.0.jar?dl=1
    I think I fixed any potential conflicts with Essentials, idk what to tell you if it's not showing up in your plugins folder though. Try this build, who knows, it might work :p

4. Offline

I Al Istannen

@Rayzr522
    Just for the notification :p

@LkE_
    Post your entire startup log. Stop the server and start it back up again. Wait a few seconds after the DONE message and then post the log.
    It is in the "<server dir>/logs/latest.log" file. Open it with notepad or another text editor.
    Post it in code tags [code]<the log>[/code] to make it easier to read or upload it to pastebin.com.

If it is in the plugin folder and named "something.jar", bukkit will attempt to load it. For sure.

5. Offline

Rayzr522

It also needs a plugin.yml file inside the jar, but the packaged jar does have one. I can gaurantee it, considering this is taken right out of my server directory, where the plugin was working completely (with Essentials, might I add).

6. Offline

LkE_

@Rayzr522 @I Al Istannen @9UjtOAtcBA
    It works! Loving it so far, by the way. Players who are not opped cannot use the /ekit command, though.
    Two things I'd like changed though:
    1. Once a player selects a kit, they may not have access to the command anymore (one time use), unless they are opped.
    2. When they pick Inferno, Frost, or Vortex, they have a suffix saying &4[&cInferno&4] (dark red, bright red), &2[&aVortex&2] (dark green, bright green), and &3[&bFrost&3] (lighter darker blue, brightest blue).
    Other then those two things, I love it :D. Thanks!

7. Offline

9UjtOAtcBA

@LkE_
    @Rayzr522
    I recommend you handle the suffix/prefix via a permissions plugin, and allow configurable commands in the config. E.g
    "/pex user %p suffix &3[&bFrost&3]&r"

That way others can use the plugin as well.

8. Offline

Rayzr522

Code:
    permissions:
      select-kit: ElementalKits.select
      manage: ElementalKits.admin
    If you look at the config.yml, there's permissions.
    /pex group default add ElementalKits.select

Not a bad idea, I do something similar for this plugin. I'll just add placeholders for {player} and {prefix}.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.