commands

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by NatalieIsARanga, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

NatalieIsARanga

is there a way to deleate commands like god mode ect?
    Thanks
    N

2. Offline

c0mp

Your question is rather vague. I take it that god mode is being provided by some plugin, which plugin? And what other commands? And are they part of the same plugin? Or different plugins? And by 'delete', do you mean limit access so that no one can run the command? Or are you running into command conflicts?

3. Offline

NatalieIsARanga

So no one can use the command till a higher rank... and some i just dont want on there

4. Offline

c0mp

You'll need a permissions plugin so that the server understands the concept of 'groups' or 'ranks'. By default, the server only recognizes two groups: op and non-op. When you install and configure any of the permissions plugins (PermissionsBukkit, PermissionsEX, or bPermissions) you'll be able to assign your users to groups and give those groups specific permission nodes.

If you don't want anyone to access a given command, you simply do not provide that permission node to any of your groups, or you negate the permission node by following the permission plugin's instructions on negating a particular node.

5. Offline

NatalieIsARanga

and do the ranks have to go in any order?

6. Offline

c0mp

Depends on which permissions plugin you use. Most of them allow for inheritance, assigning multiple groups to a user, etc. So it all depends on which plugin you use and exactly what you're looking to accomplish.

7. Offline

NatalieIsARanga

thanks for you help. I work the rest out
    N

i am having alot of trouble now...
    I have added Ranks, put what Permissions each rank can do, But it not showing what rank you are when you talk.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  8. Offline

c0mp

I'm not familiar with the Ranks plugin myself. Perhaps you'd be better off seeking support from that plugin's thread or BukkitDev page, where the people viewing your request will be familiar with the plugin and how it works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.