Commands suddenly returning usage message

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by SaxSalute, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SaxSalute

On my development server, my plugin is working flawlessly. However, when I pushed my latest version to the deployment server, all of the commands pertaining to my plugin started returning their usage message from plugin.yml, the one that is supposed to be sent if the command executor returns false. I haven't touched the command executor in a long long time, so I was confused. I reverted to the last working version with git, and the problem persisted. As far as I know, no other plugins were modified since this problem started. The only thing I can think of is a command pre-processor that's interfering, but there's no real reason to believe that. How can I go about tracing this problem?

2. Offline

Necrodoom

Paste code so we can see why oncommand returns false.

3. Offline

SaxSalute

I'm not going to post oncommand because it's over 5oo lines but I'll give you the condition under which it returns false.

Code:java
    1. if (cmd.getName().equalsIgnoreCase("versus")) entire executor; return true;
    2. else return false;

The executor is only linked to /versus and that is the command that is causing the issue. The same goes for the other 2 executors I have.

4. Offline

Skye

Are there brackets around what you have marked as "entire executor" and the return statement? You can't really expect us to play 20 questions with you if you're unwilling to provide source.

5. Offline

SaxSalute

I can't provide 500 lines of source. What I'm saying is that my executor only returns false if the command name isn't versus, which it always is. There's something else interfering and I need a way to figure out what that something is.

6. Offline

Necrodoom

SaxSalute if you fail to provide the actual class, then we will never be able to help you.
    I don't care how many lines of code you have there, paste the whole class, or you might as well ask for a thread lock and try solve it on your own.

7. Offline

SaxSalute

The exectutor is irrelevant. The problem popped up between 2 versions where that class wasn't touched and it only happens on one server. I even rolled back to the old working version and it continues to happen. The only modifications came in my scoreboard implementation anyway. I'm asking if there's a way to trace the command through the executor and any preprocessors that may be interfering. This is not a result of my executor, that much I know.

8. Offline

Necrodoom

Solve it on your own, it is, then.

9. Offline

SaxSalute

I found the solution, and it was just as strange as I expected. The owner of the deployment server had put the server in offline mode. As a result my plugin wasn't able to connect to its SQL servers and it wasn't loading correctly. Why it was still giving the usage message, I don't know.

10. Offline

AoH_Ruthless

SaxSalute
    Well, neither do we :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.