Filled Command Villagers

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Rockdude_, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Offline

Rockdude_

Plugin category: Mobs?

Suggested name: Command Villagers

What I want: In this light weight plugin, i want it so that villagers can have commands binded to them! This will allow the villagers to have many uses relating to all types of plugins such as shop plugins. When the spawn command will be executed, it will spawn a villager who won't move by default and with no commands bound to it. When a player types in the bind command, it will tell them to right click the villager to they want, therefore binding the command. If a player uses the move command it can allow the villager to move on its own or be pushed around. Also, these villagers will not be killable, unless the killable command is placed upon one.

Ideas for commands:
    /cmdnpc spawn - Spawns a command villager
    /cmdnpc bind "/{command}" - Binds a command to a villager
    /cmdnpc remove {name}
    /cmdnpc move - Toggle moving
    /cmdnpc killable - Toggle whether or not it can be killed

Ideas for permissions:
    cmdnpc.use - Allows player to use all villagers
    cmdnpc.bind - Allows player to bind commands
    cmdnpc.remove - Allows player to remove villagers
    cmdnpc.move - Allows player to toggle villager movement
    cmdnpc.kill - Allows player to toggle villager killing

When I'd like it by:
    As soon as it can be made by.

2. Offline

ZonalYewHD

Rockdude_ I always wanted this for my server, so I'll look into it.

3. Offline

Jduffygames

4. Offline

ZonalYewHD

Rockdude_ As I said above, I'll do this, but it won't be configurable at first. It'll take me time to make it like that

5. Offline

Onlineids

This has already been requested and done:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/cmdnpc/

6. Offline

Rockdude_

Onlineids i knew about this plugin previously, but i wanted a plugin that needed no dependencies, rather a lightweight single plugin. Plus citizens doesn't work on my server.

@ZonalYewHD sounds great! make sure to post details here as you develop it!

what do you mean? I've checked the post, pretty much tried everything. If you know how to fix it, you may as well.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2018
  7. Offline

Onlineids

Only on your server, weird...

8. Offline

ZonalYewHD

Rockdude_ This will take me a little while, but I'll be glad to do it. I may need a day or two for it.

Rockdude_ I've gotten fairly far, and I need someone to help me test it. Let me know if you can, and if so, when.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2016
  9. Offline

timtower Moderator Moderator

Error log?

10. Offline

ZonalYewHD

Rockdude_ As of now, I will not be adding the toggle movement option. This is much more complex than I previously thought. However, I will still be happy to do this, but it may take a few more days, and I'll try to implement the toggleable movement option if I have time at the end.

11. Offline

Rockdude_

timtower it is okay, i don't need citizens. Probably some plugin interference. ZonalYewHD the toggle-able movement idea was just a bonus, but can you still make it so the villager won't move? Thanks :)

12. Offline

lsutiger25

ZonalYewHD I will test this plugin due to the fact that me and rock dude share the same server... I ll be on from 3:30- any time

13. Offline

ZonalYewHD

Rockdude_ lsutiger25 Sorry I couldn't do anything yesterday. I've done a bit of testing on my own, and I can proudly release this sometime later today. I allowed for almost full customization, so I hope you like it. I'll just need to write some documentation first.

14. Offline

Rockdude_

ZonalYewHD That sounds great! Don't worry about that move feature by the way :) Tag us here when its out :)

ZonalYewHD likes this.
  15. Offline

ZonalYewHD

Rockdude_ lsutiger25 I added CommandMobs, as I am calling it, to BukkitDev. It can be found here, and is pending approval by the BukkitDev staff. As soon as they approve it, it's yours. Please feel free to leave any comments/suggestions on the page. :)

16. Offline

wowzersam

17. Offline

Rockdude_

18. Offline

ZonalYewHD

Rockdude_ No problem :) I know a lot of people ask for this kind of plugin, so hopefully this helps many people. Also, by default, villagers don't move when registered. And if it meets your requirements, feel free to mark this as filled.

It was actually quite fun to make and test

lsutiger25 I will try to in a moment

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2016
  19. Offline

lsutiger25

ZonalYewHD ok please hurry cause my server needs it ASAP.

20. Offline

ZonalYewHD

lsutiger25 Rockdude_ Sorry for the delay, here it is. I will continue to update this plugin, found here. The jar file is in the attached zip folder.

Attached Files:

21. Offline

lsutiger25

ZonalYewHD can i have the jar file without waiting? thanks...

22. Offline

23. Offline

lsutiger25

24. Offline

I don't have a file... Why do you think that I do have it?
    And even then: why PM and not just a link everybody can use?

25. Offline

lsutiger25

26. Offline

Why the PM?

27. Offline

ZonalYewHD

lsutiger25 Sorry, but I'm not allowed to give other means of the file. It shouldn't be long before the file has been approved. It has the usual two downloads from mods, so I'd say by 5. No guarantees though.

28. Offline

lsutiger25

ZonalYewHD You can just put a link for everybody to get before the official plugin release

29. Offline

ZonalYewHD

lsutiger25 Sorry for the wait. The file found <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2016
  30. Offline

lsutiger25

ZonalYewHD OMG thanks so much dude this is so great for rock's and I's server. The players love it!