Command to install plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by troycooper5, Jun 4, 2014.

?

Would you like this plugin on your server?

1. Yes

58.8%
  2. No

23.5%
  3. Maybe

17.6%
  1. Offline

CoderCloud

2. Offline

Onlineids

Ouch plugin steallllll

3. Offline

ShadowWizardMC

CoderCloud No thats fine I can decomply it if I want to

Onlineids Lel I didn't see his post from before cause I didn't refresh the page

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2016
  4. Offline

CoderCloud

From where?

5. Offline

Onlineids

6. Offline

ShadowWizardMC

7. Offline

CoderCloud

My Plugin now supports when plugins are uploaded as zip too.

When the file is a zip archive all contents will be scanned for plugins, and every plugin contained in that archive will be installed and enabled.

8. Hey i have an idea? Just give me the plugin and ill upload it to bukkit dev :D Ill give you guys credit.

9. Offline

CoderCloud

I will upload my version (for now only here). When i have my plugin like its planned right now i will upload it to bukkit dev, but i have quite some features, that i want to get done bevore that.

I have my finished version done, the plugin has quite a few fancy features now :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

10. Ill do a tutorial showing it off :D

11. Offline

CoderCloud

@TheOfficialCincmincYes do that, i will create dev bukkit page

TheOfficialCincminc
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/plugin-installer/

I created a devBukkit project.

The file can be downloaded here: http://dev.bukkit.org/media/files/794/266/PluginInstaller.jar

The file is not approved by now, it should be soon.

The command is: /install URL

Where to find the URL (open)

Unbenannt.PNG

troycooper5
    TheOfficialCincminc
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/plugin-installer/files/1-plugin-installer-v1-0/
    File still under review
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/plugin-installer/

Edit:
    I have my next version almost finished. You can enter a plugin name with:
    /installer search (Plugin Name) e.g. /installer search WorldEdit
    And a list of almost all plugins with worldedit on their name will show up, where you can select the project, version, and if there is a zip as file the contents.

Thesecond command is:
    /installer install e...iles (All menus are inventories with buttons).

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2016
  12. Offline

davewolax

CoderCloud You did a Great Job man! I wouldn't think it could go this far. this is amazing and very useful.
    you can probably also add a shorter command for /installer install like /inst get <plugin name>
    Great Job!

13. Offline

CoderCloud

davewolax Thanks man!
    I have even more plans for this plugin.

I want to make it a complete plugin manager with own Loaders and Undloaders for plugins, automated updating for all plugins installed by this plugin, and some other features.

davewolax likes this.
  14. Offline

Onlineids

This some kind of joke?

15. Offline

CoderCloud

Onlineids
    I don't know :D
    I already created a dev-bukkit page for the plugin

davewolax A little demo for version 2.0

16. Offline

davewolax

CoderCloud Awesome! and very useful plugin. I can make a better video and tutorial for this amazing plugin once I can download it.
    I like it how you changed the command to /inst search <plugin> it's much easier and clean.
    you can even make it easier and make it /inst <plugin name> so it will search for the plugin. I think would be much easier in my opinion :D

CoderCloud
    I get this error on server startup: http://pastebin.com/cSvFv6Bm

17. Ok I'm cant be bothered to read what everyone is saying.. Im to lazy CoderCloud can i get the link to v 2.0. ill record it tomorrow :D

18. Offline

mactown21

19. Online

timtower Moderator Moderator

davewolax Update your java, but assuming that you get that error: you are running the server on a mac aren't you?

20. Offline

davewolax

I have updated my Java! and yes I'm running on mac.

21. Online

timtower Moderator Moderator

Mac and java don't go too well together

22. Offline

CoderCloud

mactown21 I will upload the source once im stisfied with that plugin.
    TheOfficialCincminc The vesion 2.0 will be uploaded after i cleaned up a few bugs :p
    davewolax I have 2 commands in my latest version:
    /inst search [plugin name]
    /inst load [dev-bukkit url]

The second command will skip the plugin selection and will directly go to the versionselector when you enter a valid devBukkit page.

TheOfficialCincminc
    Version 2.0 uploaded
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/plugin-installer/files/2-plugin-installer-v2-0/

23. Offline

mactown21

CoderCloud Really cool plugin. Tahg me when you upload the source. :)

24. Offline

CoderCloud

25. I have only has this error once:

08.06 06:56:17 [Server] WARN at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
    08.06 06:56:17 [Server] WARN at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
    08.06 06:56:17 [Server] WARN at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
    08.06 06:56:17 [Server] WARN at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R3.scheduler.CraftAsyncTask.run(CraftAsyncTask.java:53)
    08.06 06:56:17 [Server] WARN at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R3.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:58)
    08.06 06:56:17 [Server] WARN at me.leo.pi.PluginInstaller.run(PluginInstaller.java:88)
    08.06 06:56:17 [Server] WARN java.lang.NullPointerException

26. Offline

CoderCloud

27. Offline

PureGermanity

It sucks very much as I use a mac as well, I can't install any plugins to my server -.- but I have a virtual machine to run windows and it works, so I don not recommend making a server on a mac as long as you don't have windows working on it as well...

28. Offline

CoderCloud

PureGermanity What is your exact error, could you post your complete stacktrace?

I have a mac here too, that i can use, i will try to fix all problems that occur on mac

29. Offline

PureGermanity

Yeah sure, on Tuesday I will send you a PM, thanks go the help! :D

30. Offline

davewolax

PureGermanity I had this issue as well, I installed the latest Java version but still didn't worked. then I downloaded SDK and installed it. and it worked! all plugins now working on my computer.