Command to install plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by troycooper5, Jun 4, 2014.

?

Would you like this plugin on your server?

1. Yes

58.8%
  2. No

23.5%
  3. Maybe

17.6%
  1. Offline

Flamedek

The BukkitDev Staff looks through every plugin uploaded to their site to make sure that it does as advertised, and nothing (unwanted) more.
    They invest a lot of time in it to make sure server owners can feel safe about downloading plugins and don't get any nasty surprises.

2. Offline

CoderCloud

@davewolaxI could do it so only one Plugin can be installed at the same time

3. Offline

troycooper5

Yeah, we will get our dev to do the finishing touches!

Yeah, do that!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2016
  4. Ok i was just making sure

5. Offline

davewolax

CoderCloud If you strict download access only from Bukkit.org and curse.com. there shouldn't be a problem, I was saying if it gives access to download anything or any plugin from everywhere it could cause serious problems.

but there is one problem, if the server is running, and lets say you download a new plugin using this program, then how are you going to activate the plugin without server restart? is there anyway?

Well, I would suggest you to use PlugMan which is a powerful plugin, but you can't load major and big plugins like multiverse or essentials etc unless you restart the server.

6. Offline

troycooper5

I know, a restart is ok, i can just use /restart in game or maybe CoderCloud could make it restart after its installed it?

7. Offline

CoderCloud

8. Offline

troycooper5

Can you make it auto-reload after it has installed a plugin?

9. Offline

timtower Moderator Moderator

You can also make it load itself without a full reload

10. Offline

troycooper5

timtower Can you give CoderCloud the code?

11. Offline

davewolax

CoderCloud reload command could sometimes cause major problems.
    previously I had huge issue when I did /reload and everything was messed up! the world guard regions were not working well, plot me was messed up, sky block commands was not working anymore as well as factions, multiverse, a lot of people's inventory were duplicated.. and more!! I did a mistake and I did /reload , then I had to restore server backups.

12. Offline

There is not much code to it and I am pretty sure that CoderCloud is capable of doing so

13. Offline

troycooper5

Ok, can you do that CoderCloud ?

14. Offline

CoderCloud

troycooper5 I already did a plugin that could load and when enabled unload every other Plugin and load it back to memory with modified bytecode with own ClassLoaders, so it could import classes, that changed their name (e.g. import the CraftServer class even tho the compiled version wasn't the one that the server used)

troycooper5 I managed to download a plugin and load and enable it, and if the downloaded file is not a plugin it will get deleted again.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

15. What if its compressed or in a folder like essentials? and has multi pal jars

16. Offline

CoderCloud

Then its almost impossible to find the right file within the zip.
    You would have to install the in another way

17. Offline

Then you get your ftp program out.

18. Offline

ZanderMan9

19. This is kind of of topic.....

Ya i know I'm just saying it would be great if the plugin knew a way to sort it out? Just a suggestion.

20. Offline

ZanderMan9

"Can you make it auto-reload after it has installed a plugin?"
    "reload command could sometimes cause major problems."
    Since this issue didn't seem to be fixed...

21. Offline

There are ways, out of scope for this.
    ZanderMan9 Besides the custom loading method though.

22. Offline

ZanderMan9

Hm, yes I've seen it done, by uhh... PlugMan or something similar? Since no one had suggested anything else, I figured things were open for suggestions.

23. Offline

CoderCloud said that he would implement such feature into this plugin

24. Offline

davewolax

I suggested about Plugman before in this tread and I told CoderCloud and troycooper5 that they can use PlugMan to load the new plugin, but there would be a problem with major and big plugins such as multiverse, Worldguard, essentials, group managers, etc because they require server restart to load properly.
    CoderCloud could make his plugin to require PlugMan so he could make the code so that when the new plugins is downloaded, PlugMan automatically load it.

As I said before in this thread:

25. Offline

CoderCloud

davewolax
    My Plugin will detect if another version of the PLugin is already installed, and if it is it will override the file, and tells you to reload or restart. (Unloading and loading plugins back and forth is always bad)

If the plugin is not installed it will be loaded automaticly.

If you have another version already installed the file will get overridden.

If you have no old version installed, the plugin will search for an empty file in 10 attempts.

The prefered name is the pluginName without spaces and only numbers and letters.

If the file is already used the plugin will try the files [prefName]1.jar - [prefName]10.jar, and if no file is avaible it will cancel the download.

After installing the plugin will be automaticly loaded and enabled, if no old version already exists.

All errors will be sent to the command user with a notation to look in the console for details.

What should the command be like?

I finished my first version:

http://forums.bukkit.org/attachments/installer-zip.20188/

Command: /install
    Permission: installer.install

Features:

Installes a plugin form the url.

Will override the old file if the plugin already exists.

Will create a new file, that is named after the plugin (will append a number form 1-10 if the file exists)

If no old version existed the plugin will work imediatly after download

When an old version existed you will get the notification to reload/restart to apply changes

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2016
  26. Offline

CoderCloud

I dont have any bugs that i found up to now

27. Offline

ShadowWizardMC

Here you go I saw this about an hour ago and decided to make it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ka7s3y2wvqu6ql3/PLD.jar

Commands:
    /pld <URL LINK>

Features:
    Takes jar files from links and loads it into your plugins folder
    Sends out warning alerts to tell you a player is making a download with permission pld.dl

Permissions:
    pld.* - Given to everyone who is allowed to download plugins (No Alert is sent out)
    pld.dl - Allows certain players to download plugins (Alert will go out)

Tell me if you have any bugs that you are experiencing I didn't test this myself cause I'm kind of busy at the moment.

CoderCloud Oh sorry didn't know I didn't refresh the as I was making my previous post sorry.

28. Offline

CoderCloud

ShadowWizardMC No prob.
    I could give you my source, because i won't upload it to devBukkit.

29. Offline

ShadowWizardMC