Command Blocks in Survival

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by krlsmnk, Jan 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

krlsmnk

Plugin category: Block Placement / Function

Minecraft version: 1.13

Suggested name: RedstoneCommands??

What I want: Several farm options are AFK-able, but require the player to stand there holding the right click button (tree farms, for instance). This could be done using command blocks to place the item. Dispensers would work for this exact scenario, but I'd like the more general case to be true as well (breaking blocks for ice farms, etc).

I can add a crafting recipe for command blocks in my datapacks but there are 2 problems:

1: You cannot modify command blocks in survival, even with OP privileges. You MUST be in creative to place or access them. Can this be changed?

2: Command blocks already in existence can be triggered by survival players using redstone. Can this be disabled?

If the answer to both of these questions is yes, I would like to be able to craft, place, and modify commands of command blocks in survival. Command blocks should NEVER run their command using the current methods (redstone, always-on, etc). Command blocks should ONLY run their command under the following condition:

A hopper pointing into the command block contains <Item X: Defined in the Plugin Config>. When the hopper updates/checks the command block (by trying to push an item into it) the command block should remove one item from that hopper, and fire its command once.

To prevent command block machines from popping up (or self-replicating ones), the hopper-only method should apply to ALL command blocks, not just ones placed by the user.

Ideas for commands: No player commands (no /doTheThing).

Ideas for permissions: Default for all players should be on, but OPs should be able to revoke the ability for certain players to place or interact with command blocks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.