Filled Command Assigner

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Rockdude_, Dec 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Rockdude_

Plugin category: Admin Utilities

Suggested name: Command Assigner

What I want: Before you read this, I'd like to say I'm sure there is one plugin out there similar to this one, but none probably would fit this like I need it. If something does, just tell me :) Anyway, what I want is a plugin where you assign commands (0r a single command) to pressure plates. Now, I don't want it so that its individual assigning, I mean assigning these commands to ALL of the pressure plates that are placed, meaning whenever the type of pressure plate or button is pressed, it will run the commands on it, not needing to be setup by the player. So heres an example. In the config (where commands are configured) it would look something like this http://pastebin.com/2MvmyaTz A maximum of three commands can be assigned to each plate, and can be configured whether it is run by the player or the console.

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions:
    ca.stoneplate - players can step on stone plates
    ca.goldplate - can step on gold plates
    ca.ironplate - can step on iron plates
    ca.woodenplate - can step on woodenplates

When I'd like it by: ASAP

2. Offline

pie_flavor

I'll try this. I may not have time.

3. Offline

Rockdude_

@pie_flavor any estimate of time when it'll be done?

4. Offline

pie_flavor

@Rockdude_ I'm not sure whether iron and gold are possible. In 1.7 they only respond to items.

EDIT: Just saw your post. Should be done fairly quickly, unless something ridiculous comes up. I've never worked with redstone in plugins before, so it might.

EDITED EDIT: Iron and gold are possible, I forgot to try detecting movement.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  5. Offline

BlueCrafter12

Dude Use MyCommand it will help you

6. Offline

pie_flavor

Modified the config slightly. You can't have more than one item with the same name in the same subsection.

@BlueCrafter12 Read the post, dude. He doesn't want it bound to one specific pressure plate, he wants it bound to all pressure plates serverwide including as soon as they're placed down.

7. Offline

BlueCrafter12

Dude look the features of that plugin..

8. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

9. Offline

pie_flavor

10. Offline

Rockdude_

@pie_flavor sorry for the late reply, but thanks so much! I'm checking it out right now, I'll tell you if theres any bugs :)

@pie_flavor
    27.12 20:51:52 [Server] ERROR Could not load 'plugins/CommandAssigner.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    plugin does not load on 1.7.10, the version of my server, but it does load on 1.7.2 can you please update it?

EDIT by Timtower: merged posts

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014
  11. Offline

12. Offline

Rockdude_

@timtower never mind updating to 1.7.10. I tried opening another server without any plugins but the command assigner, and it worked fine. But on my other server it doesn't load it correctly. Can you please tell me what plugin is conflicting? btw, theres the server log. http://pastebin.com/k6gn1Lib

13. Offline

@Rockdude_ MythicMobs is complaining about stuff, just metrics though.
    And the fact that CommandAssigner is compiled with java 8 instead with java 7,
    @pie_flavor should be able to fix that issue

14. Offline

Rockdude_

@pie_flavor sounds like an easy fix. Once you do that you should try and release this to bukkit dev.

15. Offline

pie_flavor

Sorry @Rockdude_ have been offline for a while. No idea what's causing the conflict. I put a permission on remotely editing the config, do any other plugins have the permission prefix "ca"?

16. Offline

Rockdude_

@pie_flavor no i don't. did you see what @timtower suggested a couple posts up ? Excuse me if I'm wrong, but the problem is the plugin is compiled with Java 8 instead of Java 7, which is what my hosted server runs on. I can't update my Java version because its a host. Btw, I apologize for messaging at 12:05 AM (well, i don't know what timezone you are, but its that time for me :3) About the permissions thing, well try changing the permissions to something like
    "commandassigner" just incase.

17. Offline

pie_flavor

oh lel didnt see that. sure. redownload for fix
    also i dont care. my brains running on PST

18. Offline

Rockdude_

@pie_flavor did u update the download on the old page?

@pie_flavor oh, apparently you did! thanks!

@pie_flavor I'm experiencing some difficulties with the gold and iron pressure plates. The wooden ones and stone ones seem fine from what I can tell. The gold and iron pressure plates do nothing. For now I can work with only two pressure plates, but I may need more in the future.

<Edited by bwfcwalshy: Merged posts, please use the edit button rather than triple posting.>

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2014
  19. Offline

pie_flavor

Huh. I thought those wouldn't work... Sorry about that.

20. Offline

Rockdude_

@pie_flavor another thing. Stone and wooden pressure plates seem to act as one. Any commands on the wooden pressure plates apply to stone ones, and vice versa.

EDIT: and another thing, not a glitch, but something i may want you to add. Don't know if it is already implemented, but can you make it so whatever commands are binded to the plates are allowed by players with said permission? So I'm saying if a plate has the command "/fly" but a player doesn't have essentials.fly but have ca.woodplate they can still use it?

21. Offline

pie_flavor

Not sure if impossiblel or only inexperience. But I'm not sure how to override permissions I don't know about. I'll look into the duplicate thing. Pretty sure I fixed it before it started.
    Please dont tag me, Ill see it anyway and it spams my notifications.

Do me a favor and tell me which one it executes, stone or wood?
    Going to sleep now, bother me in the morning.

<Edited by bwfcwalshy: Merged posts, please use the edit button rather than double posting.>

22. Offline

Rockdude_

the permissions thing isn't necessary, just would make it more convenient. Btw, wood plates work fine, but stone plates do their commands along with the ones on the wooden plates.

@pie_flavor are you going to fix this? Btw, I'm trying not to be rude if it sounds rude :)

23. Offline

pie_flavor

oh lel noob mistake i used a switch without breaks
    redownload and the dual commands thing will work.
    btw if you have essentials installed i believe /sudo is a viable command to bind
    remember you can have as many commands bound as you want

@Rockdude_ Ohh, just got an idea for the negate-permissions thing. Hang on.

I came up with a solution. Rather than trying to invent a new /sudo, I just gave them every permission and then removed the ones I gave.
    However you decide to believe it works, redownload for the permission thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.