Solved combining plugins (essentials)

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by skullboneslayer, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheKomputerKing

2. Offline

skullboneslayer

3. Offline

TheKomputerKing

skullboneslayer

My job here is to help people, not tell then they're good at something they're bad at.

4. Offline

skullboneslayer

TheKomputerKing i never asked for your opinion and then help people dont insult them!!!!!

TheKomputerKing and yes i am farly new to java thats why i came here not to be insulted but to have help for things that i do not understand yet

5. Offline

TheKomputerKing

skullboneslayer

Then learn Java first. Also, please do not double post.

6. Offline

skullboneslayer

7. Offline

TheKomputerKing

skullboneslayer

I'd suggest grabbing a book from a store near you, that's where I learnt.

8. Offline

skullboneslayer

TheKomputerKing anostly i only want to learn java so i can make bukkit plugins will a book help me with that?

9. Offline

Garris0n

Yes because if you don't know Java you can't make bukkit plugins.

10. Offline

Wolfey

Well, actually, I learned Java from doing Bukkit.

But it was painful, always learn Java first!

11. Offline

Garris0n

I did too, which is why I can confirm that you can't make Bukkit plugins without learning Java first ;)

12. Offline

skullboneslayer

welll Garris0n idk about that i have made 10 plugins HOWEVER i believe that it would help alot if i learn java the only thing is i dont like reading :(

Wolfey oops i ment to tagg you aswell

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  13. Offline

Wolfey

What's the problem exactly? too lazy to go back and read, sorry.

14. Offline

SuperOmegaCow

15. Offline

skullboneslayer

Wolfey ok the thing is im not sure what im gonna do the thing is some of my plugins arent Listeners?

16. Offline

Wolfey

skullboneslayer Implement Listener then, if that was what you were asking.

Also, you should probably start looking at some youtube tutorials for Bukkit. You get confused a lot at stuff you shouldn't be.

17. Offline

skullboneslayer

Wolfey yea i know and i have been trying to find good ones but there arent any i could fined got a link?

18. Offline

Wolfey

19. Offline

skullboneslayer

Wolfey thats how i have been creating plugins i got the ideas and some code from him. but he dosent show how to combine plugins

Wolfey is there anyway to private messege you?

20. Offline

TnT

"Combining" plugins is not much different than creating a plugin. Quite often with coding, cutting and pasting two things together doesn't magically give you double the functionality. Asking for our community to give you everything you you need to merge your plugins doesn't help you learn how to do that yourself, but rather teaches you that others will do your hard work for you. We're here to help you learn and help you develop awesome plugins. Since this thread constantly is getting derailed, it is locked.

Programming Bukkit plugins can be a challenging task. I suggest you take one plugin as your base, and add in the functionality from other plugins.

Try these tutorials first before diving right into Bukkit programming. While you can learn Java by creating Bukkit plugins, its going to be harder than learning Java first.

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/
    http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/

http://thenewboston.org/list.php?cat=31

Good Luck on your quest to be a Java developer.

Garris0n likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.