Combat Timer Extention!

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by dcancode, May 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

dcancode

Plugin category: Mechanics

Minecraft version: 1.8.9+

Suggested name: CombatTimerBlock

What I want: My skyblock server has the option for you to enable or disable pvp at your island. I'd like a mini plugin that whenever you get hit, you cannot build or break blocks until a value (specified in a config file) is reached. Note: They have to be in a PVP-Enabled zone in enable to start/trigger the timer. If pvp is disabled at their island and they hit someone, the plugin DOES NOT trigger.

Ideas for commands: /ctb reload

Ideas for permissions: ctb.override - allows people with the permission to override the trigger and build after they've hit someone. FALSE BY DEFAULT

When I'd like it by:
    ASAP - later today or tomorrow if possible

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@dcancode And where should the plugin get the islands from?

3. Offline

dcancode

Well, when you attempt to hit somebody at their island, the hit doesn't really register (the player doesn't take damage, they don't take knockback, they don't flash red) so maybe there's a way to detect an actual hit?

Sorry if that doesn't make sense :c

4. Offline

Where does that island come from then?
    If it is a plugin then link it so we can hook into it to find which one has PVP and which one has no PVP enabled.

5. Offline

blobic123

@dcancode
    Clarification: tim wants to know the exact name of the plugin (or a link to its page/download). Saying that your server is a skyblock server, doesn't say much, as there are multiple skyblock plugins out there, and he needs to know the specific one that you are using in order to hook into it.

timtower likes this.
  6. Offline

dcancode

@timtower @blobic123 ah, sorry for the miscommunication. I was using the skyblock island as an example. We have a PVP area near spawn which you can build in, and that's what I wanted to disable block placing in

7. Offline

@dcancode Then we still need to know what defines as a pvp area.

8. Offline

dcancode

@timtower i'm using a faction plugin (it's custom) to do it, spawn is safezone [where you can't hit people]

anyways, isn't it possible to detect when a hit actually registers? if you hit someone in spawn it doesn't go through

9. Offline

MightyOne

@timtower isnt this area defined by that entitydsmageevents happen there? Well, probably one would need to know the world then and a world guard region would be even better

10. Offline

dcancode

@MightyOne @timtower I'm using a custom factions plugin (it's weird) and we have SafeZone defined as spawn. now that i'm thinking about it, I don't think you need to check if you can actually pvp in the area. since you aren't able to build/break at spawn anyways there's no point.

so yeah, just a way to restrict building/placing for a specified time after a player hits a player regardless of where they are

11. Offline

MightyOne

12. Offline

Sploon

Instead of the default event handler annotation (where priority is NORMAL and ignoreCancelled is fales).
    @EventHandler
    use:
    @EventHandler(priority = EventPriority.HIGH, ignoreCancelled = true)
    If the player's damage is not canceled by another plugin, the event will trigger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.