Combat NPC

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by MoejoeAw44, Dec 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MoejoeAw44

lugin category: Not sure

Suggested name: CombatNPC

This plugin isn't as confusing or detailed as it looks down below. I just felt it was a hard concept to understand so I explained it to the best of my ability.

What I want: I'd like to see a plugin, when you log off the server, instead of you logging off instantly, when you log off (/server, or just simply disconnect), it spawns an NPC with your current inventory, and armor. Basically a mirror image of the player. If the player is in combat, (60 seconds for example), when he logs off, the NPC will be standing in his place until the duration of his CombatTag is over, along with the next 10 seconds.

Example (1): If I am not in combat, and I log off, an NPC should spawn in my place with my username (white), with my armor on, and my current inventory. If a player kills me, it will drop all my loots.

Example (2): If I am in combat, and they log off, how ever long they have the rest of their combat time on for, that's how long their NPC will stay logged on for, along with the addition of the 10 seconds, (Reason being, is that they could have 1 second of combat time left, and when they logged out their tag would only last for 1 second, so we add that additional 10 seconds.

Ideas for commands: /npc reload (reloads config, [combat time, and other things you think are beneficiary to add to a config]).

Ideas for permissions: ncpct.reload, ncpct.bypass

When I'd like it by: ASAP, Please and thankyou!

GrandmaJam likes this.
  2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Removed offtopic conversation

3. Offline

pie_flavor

This seems like a fantastic way to prevent combat logging. I congratulate you on a fantastic idea, and will readily download it when someone makes it.
    Idea: Perhaps some log-out icon, either with an item floating over their head, or a sub-nametag, or something telling the other fighter that they are logging out and are not in fact lagging. A sportsmanly player will not fight a lagging player, and will instead retreat to a safe distance so the lagging player cannot hit them.

4. Offline

MoejoeAw44

I like the way you think, young man.

I would indeed like to add this feature, although this may be hard, and I don't think anyone will make this, as it's a pretty heavy an complicated plugin.

Thank you for the "congrats". I am an idea man, as some say, hehe. xD

5. Offline

pie_flavor

Actually, as a mild developer myself, I would say it's not that hard. I have no idea how the hell one makes a player NPC, but once you cross that hurdle (I know some people do) it's fairly easy.

6. Offline

MoejoeAw44

@pie_flavor know anyone who could take part in this project? I really need this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.