Colored Names Only! (from PermissionsEx)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Mazaveli, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Offline

Mazaveli

Does anyone know if a plugin exists that allows colored names based on PermissionsEx groups? I know mChat does this but how easy would it be to make a plugin which does this and ONLY this, and no other rubbish?

All the plugins I see come with an array of different options when I only want one thing; colored names. I feel my server needs a dedicated, no fuss plugin to do this.

What I need:

1) Ability to color names based on groups from PermissionsEx
    2) Color must be in chat and on the playerlist.
    3) Nothing else!

If it could be pretty future proof in regards in updates, that would be great.

2. Offline

Woobie

Monetary offers arent allowed.
    I can do this tomorrow, too many projects today.

3. Offline

Mazaveli

Thank you

How easy would it be to add the option for GroupManager too, same function as PermissionsEx, group colors only?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  4. Offline

afistofirony

Mazaveli If you mean a colored username, try appending a color code to the end of a user's prefix: '&8[&cOwner&8]&c'

If you mean a chat color, try the suffix feature: '&c'

If you use either of these options, go to your ChatManager options and set message-format to '%prefix %name&f: %suffix%message'

5. Offline

Guerrerro

What if you want the name colors not to be by group, but per individual how do you do that then ?

6. Offline

Ytry

With permissionEX you can give players specific permissions, and prefix's just give them a black prefix with a color code, or if you use a plugin like essentials you could always just do /nick colorcode name and it would color there name.