Colored Kick Message

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Icee2199, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Offline

Icee2199

Hello, Its Icee2199. I have been looking for a plugin that would allow you to kick someone with a color reason like /kick &cEnough and it would show up like this on there kick screen:
    Enough.
    In other words a plugin that could add color support to kicking. I have mcbans and I prefer to use that for kicking so if the plugin could not add a command but add colorcode support to the kick and ban screen that would be great :D

Thanks,
    Icee2199

2. Offline

Vandrake

I don't know if this is possible but its a good idea xD I will test it for myself when I get home.

3. Offline

Icee2199

Ok, because I have seen like colorcoded kicks on certain servers. And a few plugins like a whitelist plugin have Whitelist colorcode support.
    Thanks For checking it out so quickly :D

4. Offline

Vandrake

Well I managed to make a preset color but I could not add support to other colors like &4 or &5. So in short:
    you can kick them with a color you want just tell me the color and ill manage it for you or...You can wait for someone with more skills to make it for you xD Sorry I'm such a newb D:

5. Offline

bobacadodl

Oohh I want to try this :)

6. Offline

Icee2199

Thanks for trying Vandrake :D Im following you now

7. Offline

bobacadodl

Here it is its untested so let me know if it doesn't work. I also added support for the formatting codes (&l, &m &n &o)
    DOWNLOAD: http://lh.rs/cWXXgYxwnLVQ

8. Offline

Icee2199

Doesnt seem to be working,

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2016
  9. Offline

bobacadodl

Are there any errors? Also, tag me next time so that I notice that you've replied :)

Oh, I forgot to tell you the permissions *facepalm* give the users that you want to be able to /ckick someone the permission ckick.kick. Also, the command format is /ckick [playername] [kickmessage]

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

10. Offline

Icee2199

Ohh OK

Code:
    10:25:40 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'ckic
    k' in plugin ColorKick v0.1
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:42)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:16
    8)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:4
    92)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.
    java:878)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:825)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:807)
            at net.minecraftserverhook.NetServerHandlerProxy.a(NetServerHandlerProxy
    .java:124)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.handle(Packet3Chat.java:44)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:276)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.d(NetServerHandler.java:109)
            at net.minecraft.server.ServerConnection.b(SourceFile:35)
            at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServerConnection.b(SourceFile:30)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:581)
            at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServer.q(DedicatedServer.java:212)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.p(MinecraftServer.java:474)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:406)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:539)
    Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
            at com.github.bobacadodl.ColorKick.ColorKick.onCommand(ColorKick.java:15
    )
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:40)
            ... 16 more

This is what i get when i do /ckick
    bobacadodl

And then if I just do /ckick &ctest it shows up as &ctest

11. Offline

Vandrake

ye thats what im getting currently too xD if I add ChatColor.(color) + behind the reason I can set it to a color however. Im thinking of a PlayerKickEvent and setReason to the args the player sent. What do you think bob?

12. Offline

bobacadodl

13. Offline

Vandrake

Cant find the file o.o

14. Offline

bobacadodl

Icee2199
    you tag someone by putting an "@" symbol and then their name

Its under 30 lines too :)
    Code:
    package com.github.bobacadodl.ColorKick;
    import java.util.logging.Level;
    import org.bukkit.Bukkit;
    import org.bukkit.ChatColor;
    import org.bukkit.command.Command;
    import org.bukkit.command.CommandSender;
    import org.bukkit.entity.Player;
    import org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin;
    public class ColorKick extends JavaPlugin{
        public void onEnable(){
            this.getLogger().log(Level.INFO,"ColorKick 0.1 by bobacadodl enabled!");
        }
        public boolean onCommand(CommandSender sender, Command cmd, String label, String[] args){
            if(cmd.getName().equalsIgnoreCase("ckick") && sender.hasPermission("ckick.kick")){
                Player kicked = Bukkit.getServer().getPlayer(args[0]);
                if(kicked==null){
                    sender.sendMessage(ChatColor.RED+args[0]+" is not online!");
                    return false;
                }
                String kickmessage = "";
                for(int i=1; i<args.length; i++){
                    kickmessage = kickmessage+args[i]+" ";
                }
                String newkickmessage = kickmessage.replaceAll("&1", "§1").replaceAll("&2", "§2").replaceAll("&3", "§3").replaceAll("&4", "§4").replaceAll("&5", "§5").replaceAll("&6", "§6").replaceAll("&7", "§7").replaceAll("&8", "§8").replaceAll("&9", "§9").replaceAll("&a", "§a").replaceAll("&b", "§b").replaceAll("&c", "§c").replaceAll("&d", "§d").replaceAll("&e", "§e").replaceAll("&f", "§f").replaceAll("&l", "§l").replaceAll("&m", "§m").replaceAll("&n", "§n").replaceAll("&o", "§o");   
                kicked.kickPlayer(newkickmessage);
                return true;
            }
            return false;
        }
    }

15. Offline

Vandrake

16. Offline

calebbfmv

lol hey just going to plug my plugin here, but if you want people to be kicked when they start annoying you, just go check out KickOP. Also, this plugin has already been made so I don't see a reason for me to remake it, once he gets the dl link working.

17. Offline

bobacadodl

18. Offline

Vandrake

I see O.O so to recognize the &4 color we must replace it in the string with §4! :D Thanks! ^^ I learned yet another thing :3 Edit: The link works now :p

19. Offline

bobacadodl

calebbfmv I don't think that's what he is looking for.. Also, I just made this for practice :)

20. Offline

Icee2199

It Works :D Thanks

21. Offline

bobacadodl

Yeah, minecraft uses chat colors by putting those codes in front of the text. Check out this page:
    http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Classic_server_protocol#Color_Codes

no problem

FlareLine likes this.
  22. Offline

Icee2199

Yeah but the § doesnt show up in chat, you can even do it in chat

@bobacadodl
    Could you Possibly add a broadcast like [Kick] <name> was kicked by <admin> [<Reason>]
    You dont have to but just a idea

23. Offline

bobacadodl

I have to go somewhere right now. I might be able to add it this evening. If not then I will add it tomorrow afternoon

24. Offline

Icee2199

ok

bobacadodl
    I would like to offer you Developer rank on my server since you made such a good plugin and you seem like a good developer.