Library Color to ASCII+Chatcolors - Create ASCII art.

Discussion in 'Resources' started by Zombie_Striker, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zombie_Striker

What is this?
    This is a library I built for my PixelPrinter. This library allows you to turn raw Color codes into the closest matching ChatColor and Character combination. Since there does not seem to be a library out there that does the same thing, I figured I would post it here for someone else to use.

If you want a finished product for this library (if you just want to load images on your server without coding), you can check out the plugin I made using this library.
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/pixelprinter/

Why should I use this?
    Since this is meant to just turn Color Values into Colored Characters, you will only need this if you want to load images/ pixel art in chat.

If you want to turn colors into blocks go to this library.

Code:
    Since this page would go over the char limit, you can find my code at the following repo:
    https://github.com/ZombieStriker/Color-to-Material-lib/blob/master/RGBChatColor.java

Usage:
    Below is the code for printing out the BufferedImage (named "bi") into chat. Eventually, I will create a method for handling all of this.

Rember: The bufferedImage should be no more than 40 pixels high, as this turns 2 pixels into a single character and MC only loads 20 lines of chat.
    Code:
        final Pixel[][] result = RGBChatColor
                 .convertTo2DWithoutUsingGetRGB(bi2);
                   //Make sure the image is within bounds
                    int wMin = 0;
                    int wMax = bi2.getWidth();
                    if (wMax > 88) {
                        wMin = (bi2.getWidth() / 2) - 44;
                        wMax = wMin + 88;
                    }

for (int height = 0; height < (bi2.getHeight() - 1); height += 2) {

StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();

for (int width = wMin; width < wMax; width += 2) {
                            Color[] color = new Color[4];
                            int y = (height + 1 < result.length) ? height + 1
                                    : height;
                            int x = (width + 1 < result[y].length) ? width + 1
                                    : width;
                            color[0] = new Color(result[y][x - 1].r,
                                    result[y][x - 1].g, result[y][x - 1].b);
                            color[1] = new Color(result[y][x].r, result[y][x].g,
                                    result[y][x].b);
                            color[2] = new Color(result[y - 1][x - 1].r,
                                    result[y - 1][x - 1].g, result[y - 1][x - 1].b);
                            color[3] = new Color(result[y - 1][x].r,
                                    result[y - 1][x].g, result[y - 1][x].b);
                            String c = RGBChatColor.getClosestBlockValue(color);
                            sb.append(c);
                        }
                        sender.sendMessage(sb.toString());
                    }

Images!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Updates:
    -1/2/2017:
    Init post

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  2. Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  3. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@AlvinB
    Thanks for pointing out the link error.

Although Black Bar characters can be used (which is why I left it in there), I recommend using the other letters instead since they allow for slight variations between pixels.

As for the color issue, that is WHITE/lightblue/yellow is the closest colors it can find. I was thinking of moving the white RGB value higher so it does not get picked as easily.

[Edit]Since I do not know how you added the blackbar line, I'll post the line in the in the main post (with a better description of how to use and edit my code) and down here. Since BlackBar takes up a full character and there should be no gap between each character, the color for the RGB should be 255,255,255. This is what you should be using to add it:
    Code:
        addColor(BLACK_BAR, new double[] { 255, 255, 255 ,255 }, new double[] {255, 255, 255 ,255 }, new double[] {255, 255, 255 ,255 });
    Since I have also been noticing that most of the colors get washed out, I will try to make an update to the code is it will either avoid white unless it the color is actually very close to being white.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.