Cobblestone Generator

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by LolCam12, Jun 6, 2018.

  1. Offline

    LolCam12

    Plugin category: Bukkit

    Minecraft version: 1.8-1.12

    Suggested name: CobblestoneGenerator

    What I want: A cobblestone generator that is 3x3, 5x5 and 7x7. It also should generate random ores with a customizable config for each ore percentage. After someone mines the cobblestone the time it takes for it to "reset" the area should be customizable and I mean for the cobblestone to respawn where it was.

    So once you place this "cobblestone generator 3x3" it makes 3x3x3 (3 long by 3 wide by 3 tall) cobblestone block with random block/ore spawns. Same goes with 5x5 and 7x7.

    Ore Spawns: Fully customizable (Any block)

    Ideas for commands: /cg 3x3 | /cg 5x5 | /cg 7x7 (/cg 3x3, 5x5 & 7x7 gives you the generator)

    Ideas for permissions: cg.* (Allows command use /cg 3x3, 5x5 & 7x7)

    When I'd like it by: 1-3 Weeks
     
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  2. Offline

    MightyOne

    Picture or n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶e̶n̶e̶d̶ nobody will understand what you mean. Describe it very figurative or upload a picture of the construction.
     
  3. Offline

    LolCam12

  4. Offline

    MightyOne

    Still as mysterious as before. I would have no idea what you expect the generator to look like :D
     
  5. Offline

    LolCam12

    Attached Files:

  6. Offline

    MightyOne

    ok now you can start describing:
    "-I would like to have blocks that (when placed) create cobble stone generator.
    -When generator block gets places a cube structure should be generated next to it, facing south. (I also have a picture)
    -A 3x3x3 cobblestone structure should be created with an iron block named "xxxx". A 5x5x5 ...
    -When the generated blocks are mined away it shall respawn after x seconds.
    -In the config I would like to have options for how much blocks of thatnthat will be placed by generators, next to cobblestone."
     
  7. Offline

    LolCam12

    I would like to have blocks that (when placed) creates a cobble stone generator
    When generator block gets places a cube structure should be generated next to it, facing south. (I also have a picture)
    A 3x3x3 cobblestone structure should be created when an iron block named "3x3 Generator" is placed. Same goes with 5x5 and 7x7
    When the generated blocks are mined away it shall respawn after x seconds
    In the config I would like to have options for what block it generates, the percentage for each block and how long it takes
    @MightyOne
     
  8. Offline

    Banjer_HD

    Do you still need this?
    If so, I can make this for you.
    A few things:
    - Which type of block is used to place the generator? Cobble renamed to '3x3 Generator' and 5x5 and 7x7?
    - What should be the spawn rate for the ores? (and which ores are allowed? also diamond and emerald?)
     
  9. Offline

    LolCam12

    Yes, I still need this.
    I want 3 tiers. First Tier is 3x3x3 and its an iron block, named "Cobblestone Generator 3x3". Second Tier is 5x5x5 and its and diamond block, named "Cobblestone Generator 5x5" and Third Tier is 7x7x7 and its an emerald block, named "Cobblestone Generator 7x7".

    For the rate, I would like a config that can be fully customizable, could use block name or ID. I plan on using most ores and maybe other blocks like obsidian.
    EX:
    stone: 50%
    cobblestone: 75%
    iron_ore: 25%
    1: 50% <-- ID name with % | (stone)

    If possible a hologram can be created after you place the cobblestone generator down and it says the name ("Cobblestone generator 3x3")

    Any other questions just ask :)
    Thank you

    @Banjer_HD
     
  10. Offline

    LolCam12

    Hey, @Banjer_HD wanted to see if you were going to make this plugin. :)
     
  11. Offline

    Banjer_HD

    Hey there @LolCam12,
    Sorry for not replying for over a week but this week is my last week of exams.
    I still want to make this plugin but is it okay for me to do it after this week or do you need it quickly? :)
     
  12. Offline

    LolCam12

    Hey, take your time with making it! Exams are important so do those.
    @Banjer_HD
     
    Banjer_HD likes this.
  13. Offline

    Banjer_HD

    I started working on this.
    Progress:
    - Basic commands and config structure
    - When you place the block it will make a generator
    Todo:
    - Let the generator generate blocks
    - Hologram
    - Testing
    - Things I forgot

    When the player places the 3x3, he needs to be far enough away so he won't be in the area the cobblestone is going to be in. With the 5x5 and 7x7 he will be teleported above the generator. Is this okay? or do you prefer that the player will also be teleported to the top with the 3x3?
     
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  14. Offline

    Banjer_HD

    Some information for you:
    - In the config you need to give the block ID in number or number:number (https://minecraft-ids.grahamedgecombe.com/)

    - The chance's are hard to do so I made it like this:
    The config looks like:
    blocks:
    '1':
    id: '4'
    chance: '3'
    '2':
    id: '15'
    chance: '1'

    id 4 is cobblestone
    id 15 is iron_ore
    This will mean that there is a list of blocks (cobble, cobble, cobble, iron_ore) and there randomly will be chosen one item from the list (25% chance for it to be iron, 75% chance for it to be cobble). In this way you can easily add items without having to do counting to get to a total of 100%
     
  15. Offline

    Banjer_HD

    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018 at 6:22 AM
  16. Offline

    LolCam12

    Sorry for not responding so fast, been busy. I'm really thankful that you made this! I added a few things to the "Issue tracker" that I wouldn't mind seeing. You have all right to add that to dev.bukkit.org!

    Questions
    1) Permissions? If so what are they?
    2) If you add the few things in "Issue tracker" (deleting generators, generator list and reload command). Add another permission for allowing players/staff to use it.

    cg.allow (Allows the command use of /cg 3x3, 5x5 and 7x7)
    cg.* (Allows the use of all commands)

    3) For config can I do ID and the item name? (id: 4 | id:cobblestone)

    Thank you!


    @Banjer_HD
     
    Banjer_HD likes this.

Share This Page