[CLOSED!] Would anyone like to join a plugin dev team to learn? [CLOSED!]

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Daniel Heppner, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Daniel Heppner

I am a beginner in Java. I've only been doing it for a few months/almost a year and I feel that I would like to work with others. I've browsed around some of the other plugin development teams and none of them really fit or they're all full of people already. So, I've decided to start my own.

Here are some of the philosophies that we will follow:
    • No one will be excluded from the group because of age.
    • All work created from the group will be free and open source. (we could make our own license)
    • Everyone will be treated fairly and equally in the group. We will have a "leader" (me) but that doesn't mean I'm going to dictate everything. I might "nudge" the group in a certain direction.
    We'll be using GitHub to manage the project and I'll be using Maven to compile everything, and I'm willing to teach anyone else how to use Git and Maven (and perhaps Jenkins if I can get a VPS).

You must fit the following if you would like to join:
    • Mature. We need everyone to treat others respectfully and act mature at all times.
    • Use correct English. This includes using correct grammar.
    • Have basic Java knowledge.
    • Have made at least one plugin in the past.
    • Have NEVER made a rip-off plugin or anything of that sort.
    How to apply:
    Post below with the following template.
    @resba Could you move this to Plugin Development? Totally wrong section.

AlbireoX likes this.
  2. Offline

resba

Moved. Good Luck!

3. Offline

Daniel Heppner

Thanks! :D

4. Offline

ChironXII

I might be interested in helping with some stuff, depending on how much free time I have. I have been pretty busy lately, but I would try to help as much as I could. I have done a lot with getting Bukkit to work with SimpleServer, as right now Bukkit doesn't have any settings for that kind of use. SimpleServer has a bunch of stuff that will allow it to work if you get it just right, but it is a pain to figure out. I have only recently (2-3 months) started java, but I have done other languages before and I am learning it pretty quickly.

Do you have Skype: Nope, but I can get one.
    Skype username: None right now.
    Email: [email protected]
    Java Skills (0-10): 7 (I don't know everything, but I am good at figuring it out)
    Age (don't lie, we won't judge you based on this): 18
    Other Skills: Lots of work with running servers with SimpleServer, which is a really nice wrapper with lots of features, I have written a couple of custom plugins just for me to use, such as a currency system and chest shop thing.
    Other Things You Can Provide: I can help with SimpleServer (or other wrappers) being compatible.

5. Offline

Daniel Heppner

Very nice, accepted. ;)
    Nice to have someone near my age. :)

I'll add you on Skype and stuff in a few hours when I get home.

6. Offline

thehutch

No offence but it might be useful to know the name of a project and what it might be about so everyone has an idea of how complex what your making will be. Also I wouldn't mind joining for 1 week because I got half-term (Week off to you Americans :p)
    Do you have Skype: Yes Sir!
    Skype username: th3hutch
    Email: <Will be given privately>
    Java Skills (0-10): Depends on what you mean in proper java out of 10 then about 1-2 for Bukkit and Spout about 6-7
    Other Skills: Logical and good at maths (Doing A-Level maths)
    Other Things You Can Provide: Fun environment my skills and time to spare kind of

7. I can help wherever needed
    Do you have skype: Mhmm
    Skype username: tips48
    Email: <Private>
    Java Skills(0-10): Like a 9ish
    Other skills: Good at math, Love logic
    Other things you can provide: Coding knowlage, My humor :3

Daniel Heppner and thehutch like this.
  8. Hello. I would love to join your team. I am a pretty good java developer but am just getting used to making bukkit plugins (2-3 months of progress)

Do you have Skype: no, sorry.
    Skype username: n/a
    Java Skills: 9.5
    Other Skills: very active football and lacrosse player
    Other Things You Can Provide: support
    money (if we need it) and (maybe) mumble servers.

9. Offline

ThatBox

Do you have Skype: yes
    Skype username: ThatB0x (With a zero)
    Java Skills (0-10): 6
    Age (don't lie, we won't judge you based on this): 14
    Other Skills: I like math and science ;)
    Other Things You Can Provide: Spare time and help. Test Server (if Needed)

10. Ehm, maybe I should have changed "Humor" to "Sarcasm" :p
    EDIT: Hit me up on skype

thehutch likes this.
  11. Offline

Daniel Heppner

Accepted. I'll add you on Skype when I get home.
    Do you suppose you could get Skype so we can talk? I might be able to get a TeamSpeak server, we'll see. (I don't like the voice quality of Mumble)

We're not working on a single project, we're a team that'll make a bunch of super cool and awesome plugins (for those of us who don't have time to do everything ourselves)

Accepted, that's a lot of skills you have thar!
    Cool, accepted.

IMPORTANT:
    Guys, I started this team because I don't have a lot of time. I'll be PMing each of you, but please don't expect me to be able to be on Skype all the time. I have a lot of schoolwork/homework.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  12. Offline

Butkicker12

I sent you a private message.

Daniel Heppner likes this.
  13. Offline

stelar7

Skype username: steffenerd
    Java Skills (0-10): 7
    Age (don't lie, we won't judge you based on this): 16
    Other Skills: Good at math, Logic thinker, Redstone constructions, good at most games, other coding languages (HTML, PHP, C#, C++, CSS, MySql).
    Other Things You Can Provide: dunno, a TS3 server if needed...

14. Offline

thehutch

so thats a ....?

15. Offline

Daniel Heppner

Cool, I like you. I'll PM you.

What?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  16. Offline

thehutch

Is that a yes or no to my application I wasnt sure because you never said :( and I havent recieved a skype invite so wasnt sure. Sorry for being impatient

17. Offline

Daniel Heppner

Are you willing to become a part of the team or do you just want to help develop one plugin?

18. * EDIT *
    Skype Username: james_buchanan2012
    -James

19. Offline

TopGear93

Skype username: topgear1993
    Java Skills (0-10): 5 * i used to be better with java but i just cant get back into it as much*
    Age (don't lie, we won't judge you based on this): 18.... just turned 18 on September 16 , 2011
    Other Skills:
    • Experience with all adobe software- mostly Dreamweaver / photoshop / fireworks.
    • X-Ray Engine: i know the code but im not all that up-to-date.
    • Unreal Engine: killing floor modder & a once sponsored map maker & sponsored for being a professional Killing Floor player. " Glitch Gamer "
    • Source Engine: i know the code but im not all that up-to-date.
    Other Things You Can Provide: i could create a website & maintain it. i have experience with running data servers & public minecraft servers.

20. Offline

Stuu

Do you have Skype:Yes.
    Skype username:Stuart475235
    Java Skills (0-10): 4-5
    Age (don't lie, we won't judge you based on this):15
    Other Skills: Strong at Maths, some Python knowledge. Logical thinking. Willing to learn and grow as part of a team.
    Other Things You Can Provide: Good posts on Bukkit Dev, I have been part of a Wiki team, in which we wrote a 100,000 word wiki.

Thank you.

21. Offline

Tomaz

Do you have Skype: Yes i do.
    Skype username: tehtomas
    Java Skills (0-10): 5-6
    Other Skills: Simple HTML/PHP knowledge.
    Other Things You Can Provide: a nice looking website & maintain it. I can also write beatiful written text on anything, know a bit of graphic designs.
    Languages learned fluently: Dutch,French, English,Spanish, Brazilian(portuguese)
    Coding Languages Fluently known: none yet, and i admit it. i am starting to get a hang of java
    Origin: Half Dutch and Half Brazilian.

i know i posted additional information, i did that on purpose.
    @Butkicker12 sent me here!
    i don't have one plugin out there simply, because i usally work with other people.

Butkicker12 likes this.
  22. Offline

Butkicker12

23. Offline

nicksroom10

Do you have Skype: Yep!
    Skype username: nickburris
    Email: [email protected] (please don't send personal emails here unless you tell me you're going to, I don't check it and it gets spammed)
    Java Skills (0-10): 6 and improving. :)
    Other Skills: Basic Javascript and a tiny bit of C++
    Other Things You Can Provide: Hmm, maybe a server we can test on? I'm skilled with Photoshop, if that's needed. :)

Edit; Hmm-- about the must have released at least one plugin thing, I'm currently working on my first plugin and it's almost complete!
    -Oh, I'm also very good at math.

24. Offline

TheFieldZy

Do you have Skype: Yes
    Skype username: TheFieldZy
    Email: PM me
    Java Skills (0-10): ehhhh, about 5 or 6, but I am learning quite quickly with my Head First Java Book
    Age (don't lie, we won't judge you based on this): 15
    Other Skills: Occasionally do client mods, but not much anymore.
    Other Things You Can Provide: Possibly a VPS, I have a server I create plugins, but, as you can tell, am not the best at it. All plugins can be tested on that server, as it isn't opened to the public yet.

25. Offline

Daniel Heppner

Accepted. I'm daniel.heppner1 on Skype.
    Accepted. I'm daniel.heppner1 on Skype.

26. Offline

nicksroom10

Thanks, I don't have skype on my current computer but I will have my laptop back mid next week, it's being repaired. When I have it back I'll add you! :)
    @DanielHeppner

27. Offline

ArcheCane

I came. :3

28. Offline

se1by

Do you have Skype: Yes
    Skype username: seiby95
    Email: I won't feed the mail bots :D
    Java Skills (0-10): 6-7
    Other Skills:Basic knowlegde of html
    Other Things You Can Provide:A few SSP mods, a bukkitplugin (not released yet, but nearly finished; another is under development atm)

29. Offline

Gravity

Do you have Skype: Yes, but I dont use it very often. I prefer teamspeak or ventrilo over anything but skype is alright.
    Skype username: tbopmagee
    Java Skills (0-10): maybe 4 or 5
    Other Skills: Video editing, I have a partnered channel at www.youtube.com/effectsdude79
    Other Things You Can Provide: Massive advertisement, promotional videos, editing, etc. also can provide powerful servers for testing and probably a VPS.

30. Offline

enjikaka

Skype username: jeremy.karlsson
    Java Skills (0-10): 3-5
    Age (don't lie, we won't judge you based on this): 16 soon 17
    Other Skills: Webdesig, Photoshop, Music and Art
    Other Things You Can Provide: Awesomeness, Websites, Music etc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.