Clones of Plugins

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by CarPet, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

CarPet

verb (used with object)
    to produce a copy or imitation of.

Hi, after being absent in the community for what feels like forever I decided to come back and see if the community had matured at all and stopped posting questions that required minimum Java knowledge.

Anyways, having my plate empty I began to surf "Plugin Requests" and there are many requests for plugins that already exist.

It's not that having a variety of plugins is amazing and allows each server to have a unique experience but, there is no real need for you to create an exact clone of a plugin that is already posted and has positive feedback. We have 100's of healing and feeding plugins guys, we do not need anymore. I understand you being proud of your work and want to share it with the world but, if it is not innovative/creative or bring anything to the game just wait until you can create something that is amazing and will get positive feedback instead of "stealing" downloads from the original and well rounded plugins.
    Bukkit is filled with creative ideas and imagination is still out there(I hope) so come on guys, if you can't come up with an idea by yourself, build off of someone else's don't just remake it.

2. Offline

Zarius

The community is always in a state of flux with people coming and going all the time. This means lots of new users who aren't familiar with the plugins that are out there.

I've seen a lot of requests that are for things already implemented (as you've noticed) however most of them stem from an honest desire for that type of plugin and lack of knowledge regarding existing alternatives.

(there'll always be the odd ones out though, like "can you please update this inactive plugin - it hasn't been updated in a week" :\)

btw: why did you feel the need for the small text? It's quite hard to read :)

drtshock and chakyl like this.
  3. Offline

CarPet

Was set to default, didnt even realize

4. Offline

Me4502

I agree that clones of plugins are annoying. Especially when someone takes a feature of your plugin, and makes it available standalone and then it becomes popular. I see that happen soo often with my plugin.

But it would be nice to see some originality.

drtshock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.