Climb walls like vines

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Nikve, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Offline

Nikve

Plugin category: FUN

Suggested name: WallClimb

What I want: I'd like a plugin that lets players climb walls just like vines, possible methods might even be placing vines above the player, that only they can see (If possible) or even editing the mechanics so when a player is walking against a wall that it lets them walk up it.

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: wallclimb.use - Allows the player to climb walls like vines.

When I'd like it by: As soon as possible :)

Thanks a lot to anyone who want's to try this.

2. Offline

Zoroark173

Hello, I've tried making a Bukkit plugin once , and failed, but I still, here's my 2 cents on this:
    1 possible methkd of doing this would make it so that whenever a player has blocks in front of them, it checks to see if they have the permission, and then, as long as they still have a block in front of them, they can fly, so then they can essentially "climb"up the block by flying, and then, the moment that they get off of the block, they stop flying!
    NOTE: I wrote this on my moms crappy droid in the car, and it has a terrible touchsvrren keyboard, so Ill correct any spelling mistakes when I get home.

3. Offline

Nerdfuryz

I could try this but I am quite new to making plugins.

4. Offline

winston100

Heey Nikve, It isnt really annoying if people are going to play and they can climb on it? Then they're always going up if they're standing to a wall. And maybe you need to do it if a wall is 2 Heigh, Then it looks like hes climbing on it, Or install Smart moving in a server.

5. Offline

Cybermaxke

I think it would be possible. ;)
    I already got a idea for maybe how.