Solved Clearing chat history

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by kreashenz, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

kreashenz

Is clearing chat history possible, if someone advertises, you can say a command and it clears the chat page.. I've seen this in GTA so that's where I got the idea from.. I don't think I can do it without a template code or something, because I'm not even sure how to get that chat.. :/ Thanks in advance :)

2. Offline

gomeow

I am not aware of a way to do that

3. Offline

number1_Master

[​IMG]

Anyway, on topic: No,t here is not possible way that I am aware of!

4. Offline

kreashenz

I got it solved, with a help of a friend. YES BODY GOT TIME FO' DAT!

number1_Master likes this.
  5. By adding empty chat lines ? Players can always scroll up... unless you found a diferent way and you should share :p

6. Offline

kreashenz

Or , you can just make it spam like, 200 lines and disable it in console, perfect! They cannot scroll up.

7. Note that word you just said, spam, which nobody likes, so you shouldn't do it on purpose.
    It would be very annoying for players that are chatting or want to read a message...

number1_Master likes this.
  8. Offline

number1_Master

Yes, I disapprove of your "Spamming" method. Although it will work, it won't be nice / is not the most efficient way ...

9. Offline

AppleMC

So how do you block it in console?

10. Offline

kreashenz

AppleMC I'm not 100% sure yet, though I am working on a way to.

11. Offline

ZeusAllMighty11

Digi

On my server I warn players beforehand that I am going to clear chat, by about 15 seconds. Just so we can keep clear of advertisements, that's all. Nobody has complained yet, and yes I spam empty lines

kreashenz likes this.
  12. Offline

Vandrake

you could read the chat event for certain keywords but ye spamming is so far the most effective way :/

13. Offline

kreashenz

ZeusAllMighty11 Could set this up as a bukkit task scheduler, say every 12 hours it does a chatclear, then deletes the server.log :) My log is full of factions faults, so yeah.. That would be helpful for me, as I get about 100MB of text every 12 hours.

14. Offline

ZeusAllMighty11

kreashenz

Yeahh mine gets pretty big too from my plugins consantly printing stuff

Not surebut you might be able to do a try catch block to delete the log, after 2 hours. And java has a time system built in too

15. Offline

kreashenz

Oh yeah, really? I absolutely suck with try, catch, stuff like that.. I getting a mate to teach me that, when he gets on skype.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.