Filled Clear inventory per world

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by To175, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Offline

To175

Hi,
    I need a light plugin please :)
    I need to clear all inventories of a/several world(s) !
    For example if players go in a world "A" and take dirt then then disconnect or go in an other world "B", I need to clear their inventory of this world "A" where they are not in.

I need commands like that :
    /clearinv <world> <player>
    And I could do also that /clearinv <world> to clear all inventories in this specific of players online AND offline .

I am using Multiverse-inventory.

Thanks youuuuu ! :D

2. Offline

Alshain01

3. Offline

To175

Alshain01
    Pourquoi tu me balances une adresse comme ça ??
    Et vu le contenu :

Je vois absolument PAS en quoi ça répond à mon attente.

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

To175 Mind translating it to english as this is an english forum? And you can probably delete records in the database that contain certain worlds.

5. Offline

PotatoTears

It looks like To175 was screaming at Alshain01 very furiously.

timtower likes this.
  6. Offline

To175

Thanks,
    PotatoTears
    I just really think @Alshain01 never read my topic, maybe only a little part of the title

timtower
    delete what ? I think I understand but I need to do that automatically, with a command such as /clearinv <world> [player]

7. Offline

To175 Delete from the database, sql query will do. If needed then I will make something small to run those queries.

8. Offline

Alshain01

I read your whole topic. It sounded like you wanted to player to not be able to access inventories from different worlds. What I posted does that. I read it again, it still sounds like that's what you want.

9. Offline

To175

Thanks, but inventories are not in database, that is what I don't understand...
    Title of the topic :
    "Clear inventory per world"

(copy/paste makes the title strong and tall)
    Hum, my English teacher taught me that "clear" means "not dark" but also "nettoyer" like delete...

10. Offline

To175 That plugin stores the inventory in a MySQL database.

11. Offline

Alshain01

It's a bit contextual (like much of English, it's a very confusing language). "Clear" doesn't necessarily mean permanently, hence the confusion. Multiinv does clear the inventory, it just puts it back when your return to that world. For example, when you "clear" dining table, it doesn't mean your destroying the dinner plates, it just means your moving them somewhere else. If you clear your workspace, you aren't throwing away your work, your just relocating or organizing it.

Delete or Destroy is more absolute.

12. Offline

To175

timtower
    Ok but I have a lot of world so it will be really heavy...
    I think inventories are also stored in .txt or .yml in the server, aren't they ?
    Alshain01 Ok, thx, I requested a plugin because I use Multiverse-inv but I need to really delete inventories of players because I regen maps so that I don't want they have anything.

13. Offline

MySQL is less intensive for the server than flatfile.
    And storage depends on the plugin.

14. Offline

To175

timtower
    I think this is essentials which stores inventories too ?
    Why MySQL is not so heavy ? If I have hundreds rows of inventory...
    And I have 2 other plugins which are calling mysql each time players' infos are modified...
    And how does it work ? Because I need to choose which world ...
    Because I tried Multiinv... And I don't like it because I saw only config with "creative worlds" and "survival worlds" And each time I changed world... I had a message with something like "use default world because can't find [?]" And plus, every players could see those strange green errors...

With this plugin I will have each player in lines and each world in column ?

If it can't be very light, I will try to find an other way to manage this.

Thanks

15. Offline

To175 i don't know the structure of the plugin that Alshain01 suggested. But we aren't really able to safely clear inventorys from multiverse inv as far as I know.

16. Offline

To175